Bus Audio/Video system

Participant count
  • Participant list

jschmidt417

I drive a bus for the YMCA and it had a ac powered dvd player, amp, and tv on it. I switched to an in dash dvd/cd/mps am/fm radio with an output of 600 max watts. Once installed and the key in the accessories position (bus off) it sounded good. Driving down the road it is a different story. Once you have the need to increase the volume to overpower the noise of the engine running, the wind blowing at 70 miles, and the kids being kids the speakers sound like they are blown. The speakers on the bus are 8-40 watt 4 inch speakers mounted to the ceiling. I changed out on speaker with a 140 watt 4 inch, but it sounds the same with increased volume. I'm not sure what I need to do to make the movies that we watch be audible for the kids. Can anyone help?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.