Buying from ebay

If you don't care about not having a warranty....go for it. There are a few authorized sellers on ebay where you'll receive a factory warranty...but their prices are normally a little higher. And there are a few companies on ebay, like Indoaudio, that I absolutely would not deal with.

If you are buying from an individual; just be sure to check out their seller rating. If they have a good rating, then you should get exactly what is listed in the auction as it is described in the auction. I haven't been burnt on ebay yet....but then again, I don't buy things on there very often.

One of my M6 component sets and both of my amplifiers were bought used off of eBay and I got solid gear for some pretty good prices ($375 for all of it including shipping)

eBay has the potential to be a bargain paradise. Theories of supply and demand certainly apply but if you're willing to dedicate a bit of time researching your prospective seller(s) then you should be okay.

Checkout feedback records - both received and given - length of membership, etc.

And as you browse the ads...if it looks too good to be true then it probably is.

i have bought from them plenty of times and know alot of people who have to and have nothing but good things to say about them....
I've seen and heard enough bad about them that I'll never use them. Ever.

Not worth the risk. Might get lucky and have a nice experience.....but I'd rather not chance it.

i bought my Kenwood HU from finest deals for 200 and offered me an extended warranty of 3 years for 15 bucks, but i turned it down.

Yea, make sure you read and understand the terms of the auction description, payment terms, and shipping, which is sometimes outrages. Also make sure you know how much the items sells for new, people get crazy on E-bay and usually end up paying more than they should. If you know what to look for you can score a good deal, I picked up my amp new for $54 shipped off E-bay. Good luck!

yea and dont get scammed by those 60 dollar shipping costs either.
Unless your item actually requires that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My last item cost $105 in S&H...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i tip for ebay is to try and find someone with stuff you want that lives close (like w/in driving distance) and ask if you can pick it up and check it out before buying or just ditch ebay and make em an offer. i know you not sposed to but whatever. i found a 1 week old pioneer deh 8600 with everthing including almost full year factory warranty on it still for 225$ and he let me go to his house and check it out and so if it was broken i could throw eggs at him.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

soundblaster

10+ year member
soundblaster
chicago,IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from