Participant count
  • Participant list

Spooney
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Item(s) for Sale:

Cadence Daytona DCA2500.1

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Amp is a 7-8/10 physically but needs some work to make it 100 percent functional. I am selling this amp for my buddy @reible82nd; aka Nate Reible. Nate sent it my way about a year ago for repairs. At that time I believe the amp was shutting down on him when he would try to go full tilt. I don't think it was going into protect. I think it was just powering down. Hopefully Nate will chime in and let us know as it has been so long since we originally talked about the amp that things are a bit fuzzy. I know that when I tested the amp I had a hell of a time getting it to shut down on me. Worked normally for the most part but did cut out on me once. Some quick basic testing with the multimeter didn't reveal anything and the board shows no signs of any damage or issues. The little tab on the master/slave switch has been broken off but with the use of a paper clip,toothpick, or similar small object you can still actuate the switch and electrically the switch works as it should. The rca input connector for the master/slave input has been replaced as well. I don't believe this amp to have any major issues but I have not put the time into the amp to find out for sure. This amp is being sold "as is" so consider it as a non working unit and be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be a very simple issue. Since receiving the amp work and family life has picked up considerably and I no longer have the time or the drive to work on amps anymore. Instead of shipping it back to reible82nd for him to post he asked me to post it for him and ship from my location. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have

Price:

125 shipped in the continental US

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Included in price

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

When I started experiencing problems with the amp I had come back home from Lebanon for the birth of my son. Before coming home my car got some collision work done to it and my wife neglected to take the face of my head unit out. Needless to say some of the guys at the collision repair shop had a block party with my car...they blew my sub for one (luckily I had a recone) and the amp started acting up. It would power up, the lights would turn on, the whole nine yards...but I wouldn't hear anything out of my sub. When I turned the volume up it would kick on and the sub would start playing like normal.

The first thing I noticed when I turned on my stereo after the repair work had been done was the bass and treble settings being maxed out. I ALWAYS tune everything flat and never mess with tone controls so I knew right away that it was the repair shop. My guess is they maxed out the bass and cranked the volume....the amp got some clipped signals and something failed in it. I hope I've been informative enough to paint a clearer picture of what the issue might be.

Thanks for listing this Spooney!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.