Calling out RAB

here is rabs message to me "the pics didnt work for me.when i got this amp it was brand new supposebly i never sent it to get repaired any where or did i have a problem with the amp.maybe stetsom sold us a refurbed amp which i wasnt aware off because it was new in plastic when i got it.the amp was a beast and voltage never droped under 12v"

Not really a complete save but maybe. Paypal usually wont cover items outside of ebay. You might need to do a chargeback like i mentioned to get any of your money back. RAB needs to come comment before i end his selling here.

Hes a good guy and so is RAB. I ask for PP as a gift as well. Ive never had a single issue brought up. I always include tracking and insurance for more than the item is worth so that if the item is damaged I can toss more cash back to the buyer for causing an issue and delaying an install. I have never personally dealt with LA or RAB, but it seems like they would go out of their way to do that sort of thing with the amount of transactions they have had.
If RAB told you it wasnt repaired. Im sure he may not have known about it. Maybe the previous owner did it and didnt tell RAB.
Just to let you know, i dont think the insurance works that way. I believe you have to prove the value of the item meets the claim. Example. A SA 8 is $125. If i insure it for $400, i believe they will make me prove its worth $400 and if i cant they will give me what i can prove its worth, $125.

Ive just been told that so im not sure but someone with experience there should chime in.

Not really a complete save but maybe. Paypal usually wont cover items outside of ebay. You might need to do a chargeback like i mentioned to get any of your money back. RAB needs to come comment before i end his selling here.
wrong paypal will cover anything done. they usually side with the buyer unless there is conclusive evidence that the buyer knowingly bought something that they had full knowledge of it being not 100%.

This is in the wrong section btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

wrong paypal will cover anything done. they usually side with the buyer unless there is conclusive evidence that the buyer knowingly bought something that they had full knowledge of it being not 100%.
Well this isn't true at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That has not been the experience of most people on here with this issue. If RAB can prove the amp was received by the buyer, paypal will usually drop the claim.

Just to let you know, i dont think the insurance works that way. I believe you have to prove the value of the item meets the claim. Example. A SA 8 is $125. If i insure it for $400, i believe they will make me prove its worth $400 and if i cant they will give me what i can prove its worth, $125.
Ive just been told that so im not sure but someone with experience there should chime in.
yeah i had to file an insurance claim with UPS. for an old school orion hcca 250. put insurance for i think 400 dollars. I talked to the lady from ups explaining that people cant just go buy this amp new anymore and that it was an antique. then i proceeded to ask her if someone on a forum selling the item would work. she said that that would be fine. so i proceeded to go to this site, make a for sale ad with a price of 400 dollars, sent em a copy of it. and there ya go. i got my money

That has not been the experience of most people on here with this issue. If RAB can prove the amp was received by the buyer, paypal will usually drop the claim.
id be willing to bet if he shows the PM where RAB said it was new and hadnt been repaired, and also shows the pics he showed up from DB-R saying it was repaired, and poorly at that theyll help him out

not necessarily true. buyer pays for item friday night shipper sends on monday morning only to find out the money in his paypal isnt there when he returns home because buyer filed claim on sunday afternoon. buyer refuses shipment seller loses the shipping costs because buyer said he didnt receive item when he clearly did.

yeah i had to file an insurance claim with UPS. for an old school orion hcca 250. put insurance for i think 400 dollars. I talked to the lady from ups explaining that people cant just go buy this amp new anymore and that it was an antique. then i proceeded to ask her if someone on a forum selling the item would work. she said that that would be fine. so i proceeded to go to this site, make a for sale ad with a price of 400 dollars, sent em a copy of it. and there ya go. i got my money
Sounds like insurance fraud to me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

crickerson

10+ year member
crickerson
wichita, ks
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies