can a 4 gauge wire damage an amp

I am using knu kca 0/1g with no issues what so ever on a saz1500v3 at 1ohm fused with a 200a knu anl fuse
Sorry bud - I don't care if you're running 50w to your mids. You need at least 4ga OFC or your ride is full of fail.

Wow, burn.
Everybody, bow before this car audio god and beg for mercy before he burns down the entire forum due to our incompetence.

The coaxials were free. I'd be an idiot not to run them.

CCA is more than sufficient for many applications, especially one as small as mine. But I guess it'd be cool to brag about paying $1.50 more per foot without even needing to, right?

And the amp runs just fine. Gains are set correctly, and it pushes the sub. That's all it needs to do.

You need to re-evaluate yourself, bro. You're like Spider Monkey, but you don't have anything witty to say. That gives you and your mislead opinions zero value to this forum. But you keep on bashing away, buddy. I'm sure somebody will find your derogatory comments useful.
Dude you have 1,219 posts on an audio forum and don't even have a legit setup.. bow down clown

You came in here saying to use CCA(just because you do), and telling me to get educated when your encouraging people to use cca.(talk about mislead opinions)

Here is a link to a video that can educate you, posted by a far more intelligent individual than yourself. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/575188-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-use-cca-wire.html

You try to insult me saying im like spidermonkey.(don't know him, he might be cool, assuming hes a thunderdome troll tho)

How so?.. I originally replied trying to help this guy out, giving proven responses. In my first reply I stated how to not waste your money and go overkill, yet what the best choice for him was(all of which are in the threadstarters instrest and also got a "like").. Your like kingstroker, coming into a thread with insults in your first post with absolutely no contribution to the threadstarters question. Of coarse I am going to respond to this kind of ignorance with derogatory statements. Continue using CCA with its obvious disadvantages, I will stick with OFC. Go troll someone else, CCA nutthugger.

:banghead:bwap bwap bwap
Yet another perfect example of the useless **** kingstoker posts... you and full tilt should have a CCA and pioneer coaxial party //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wow this got out of hand. Lots of FIAL in this thread.

Anyway, question. WHY will CCA burn your car down? I think that's what's in my car, and I have run anything from a SAX-100.2 - SAZ-2000D on that wire and never had a problem, since 2010 or so I guess. Please explain. I'm no wire expert, I just bought what was a good deal, I think it's Knu Konceptz Silver colored CCA 4 AWG wire. Granted I repair amps all day, but I don't do installs and really haven't since the 90's. I just used Welding cable back in the day, so many choices these days. What's wrong with CCA wire, and more important why will it burn your car?

Answer about the wire size/amp size thing. Bigger wire won't hurt your amp, no, but what WILL hurt the amp is if the connection is not tight or has any corrosion right where it goes into the terminal on the amp. I have seen both power and speaker terminals just completely melted off by the heat from a bad connection. Make sure it's clean and tight.

Wow this got out of hand. Lots of FIAL in this thread.
Anyway, question. WHY will CCA burn your car down? I think that's what's in my car, and I have run anything from a SAX-100.2 - SAZ-2000D on that wire and never had a problem, since 2010 or so I guess. Please explain. I'm no wire expert, I just bought what was a good deal, I think it's Knu Konceptz Silver colored CCA 4 AWG wire. Granted I repair amps all day, but I don't do installs and really haven't since the 90's. I just used Welding cable back in the day, so many choices these days. What's wrong with CCA wire, and more important why will it burn your car?

Answer about the wire size/amp size thing. Bigger wire won't hurt your amp, no, but what WILL hurt the amp is if the connection is not tight or has any corrosion right where it goes into the terminal on the amp. I have seen both power and speaker terminals just completely melted off by the heat from a bad connection. Make sure it's clean and tight.
The car burning was sarcasm bro....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bradl79

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
bradl79
NLR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date