Can I cut my middle slot ported box in half?

Mach1threat
10+ year member

Nub
I have two 12" atlas, in a ported box. The port is in the middle of the two woofers...

Would it be possible to cut straight down the middle of the port, and slap two 3/4 MDF on the edge where i cut to make the port virtually the same size as the two ports that come together? Lets say the box has a 3 inch port, I will basically be making two 1 & 1/2 inch ports.

The reason I am doing this is so that I can take my boxes out from the trunk like a normal box because I had to take the backseat & frame out to put it in the trunk. I cant access my spare tire with this big box in there so there is no point in putting backseat back in...

Thanks for your help, my system should be in my sig

sub.jpg

MSPAINT FTW LOL

because you are adding a piece of wood thats .75" thick and will take away the port volume and change the tunning and such i think that would be why

i am not sure though

because you are adding a piece of wood thats .75" thick and will take away the port volume and change the tunning and such i think that would be why
i am not sure though
Im adding it to the side, the port would just be cut in half, making two 1 1/2 inch ports??????? it would make the box itself .75" wider but keep the port sizes the same

It'll work just fine, but yeah, it'll be tuned 1-2hz higher. You do realize though, if you already used the max width in your trunk, it's going to be an inch and 1/2 too wide, right?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

It'll work just fine, but yeah, it'll be tuned 1-2hz higher. You do realize though, if you already used the max width in your trunk, it's going to be an inch and 1/2 too wide, right?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
yep, width is no problem. I have give or take 5 inches.

Honestly it isn't the technical aspects that are important, it's the feasibility. It's going to be extremely difficult, more importantly, why do you want to do this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.