Can I use an aux cable through the high speed input on a CDE 9873?

Participant count
  • Participant list

A sharp

Hey,

So recently I decided to get a head unit with more aux outs, so I bought a used Alpine CDE 9873 on fleabay for 30 bucks. I then bought one of these: HQRP Mini Jack Cable Fits Alpine CDE 9873 CDE 9881R CDE 9881RB | eBay. It is an aux cable that interfaces through the high speed input on the head unit, and the seller (and other sellers I have seen) claim that it works with this head unit, but I can't figure out how to get it to work for the life of me.

Has anyone else dealt with this before? I have looked over the manual several times and it only talks about using an ipod with the high speed input, so maybe the cable really isn't compatible.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.