can you blow a speaker from too little power? only smart people please

Wire 20 D cells in series to get 30V. Then swap the polarity on that battery pack 40-200 times a second and tell me that the cone stops moving. A square wave is still AC. An ideal speaker with zero mass and infinite BL with zero inductance might be able to reproduce a square wave as it appears but a real speaker in the real world can't come close. A low voltage, low frequency square wave.........
What do you do for a living, helo? You have the best answers itt

It looks like a pretty big mistype then. Besides if it was a mistype then why don't you go back and edit it?
because i have been here long enough that every other person in this thread knew right away it was a mistype....i mean youre the only one to mention it right? cant always be perfect this was just a thread i made to educate a friend of mine since my "breakdown" answer wasnt getting thru to him i was looking for someone else to break it down as he may understand them better then me. but it is kool that there is soo much good info in this thread never expected that honestly

because i have been here long enough that every other person in this thread knew right away it was a mistype....i mean youre the only one to mention it right? cant always be perfect this was just a thread i made to educate a friend of mine since my "breakdown" answer wasnt getting thru to him i was looking for someone else to break it down as he may understand them better then me. but it is kool that there is soo much good info in this thread never expected that honestly
Well just saying that you can't judge a person's knowledge based on their reg date and post count...

And I'm also not the only one ITT to bring up that "mistype". One of the first replies points out that that statement is not true

Pretty much. It's been one of my main hobbies for close to 20 years. Couple that with undergrad classes in EE, physics and thermo and a lot of reading with the technical understanding to interpret and validate what I read...oh yeah and a nearly photographic memory.

Pretty much. It's been one of my main hobbies for close to 20 years. Couple that with undergrad classes in EE, physics and thermo and a lot of reading with the technical understanding to interpret and validate what I read...oh yeah and a nearly photographic memory.
I'm the same way with the photographic memory, it was a great asset in Anatomy and other classes where I had to memorize many diagrams lol

i think some ne needs t d a test to prove to people take a sub and put a small amp on it clipped measure the output of the amp and take a temp of the cone after playing a 30 second tone then retest with a larger amp not clipping set to put out the same wattage and compare the temps of the coils repeat multiple times and average them then post results

bcae1.com

Too Little Power Blowing Speakers

If your speakers are capable of handling significantly more than your amplifier can produce, driving them with a clipped signal will not likely hurt them.

If the speakers can handle 3 or 4 times the power that your amplifier can produce, there's virtually no way to damage your speakers (no matter how clipped the signal is).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.