capacitor question

Participant count
  • Participant list
A cap has its place, in a perfect electrical system that wasn't suffering from voltage drops.
Still complete crap when compared to adding a nice battery or even a batcap.

Cap is good for around 600-800 watt and under system, once you hit 1000watt i would suggest a 2ns battery, not because cap is crap but the cap will not be able to keep up with the amp needing power. if 2nd battery is not needed like on 1000 watt to 1200 watt system its best to take out the capacitor and run a big wire from front battery to amp and do at least the big 3.

my old system before had a 2nd battery and a 4 farad capacitor with 1700watts what i noticed is after running full tilt even on interstate when rpm is over 2k the bass will stop hitting as hard but my volt meter still says 14.1.

what happening is the cap is limiting the supply to the amp it cannot charge fast enough so even though i have enough voltage the capacitor is the bottle neck, once i removed the cap it resolved the issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.