Capacitor To Amplifier Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Neptune
10+ year member

Tampa, FL
Hello, I'm a newbie to the car audio and I just have a quick question. I have two 12" Audiobahn's in a ported box, with one 2 channel Audiobahn Amplifier. I have a 2 farad capacitor my question is this, how do I wire the capacitor and the amplifier. I have the power cable running to the battery. Of course I have my RCA cables running from the source unit to the trunk where the amp is located but how do I properly wire the capacitor and the amplifier. Oh by the way, my friend is having a problem too. Everytime he scans through different songs on his headunit, he is getting this "humming" sound from his subs...anyway to fix this? Thanks for any help!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok, so is the power cable from the battery running into the power cap or the amp? and from the amp's "battery" terminal, are there two power cables coming out of it? one for the battery and one for the power cap? Thanks for your help!

ok...so is this wrong what I'm about to say. When I look at my power cap, I have two red cables (power) and two blue cables (ground). I have one power cable from my amp going to the cap. The other one is going from my cap to a distribution block. The distribution block has a fat red cable going to the battery. Then one blue cable is coming from the power cap to the chassis, but the other blue one is going from the amp to the cap. is that wrong? thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.