• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

on a Rockford Fosgate capacitor there is a plug on the top of it and it says in the instructions to leave the release valve unobstructed so on my cap after I charged it I popped open the hole in the rubber plug is that what I am suppose to do or did that render the cap useless?

NO. That is where the electrolitic fluid inside the cap will be released from if something happens to the cap like reverse charging it or something. Did you pull the plug out or poke a hole in it ? If the fluid leaked out yes it is useless.

well i pulled the thin layer of rubber off the end of the plug making a hole cuz i thought thats what it meant by leaving it unobstructed but the cap is mounted is unright and no fluid has gotten outta the cap, is it useless and i need a new one?

If no fluid leaked out it should still be operating correctly. Is the hole still plugged with anything or is it open ? If it's still plugged you should be alright.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.