Capasiters?

I have and older car and it uses a altenater rated at 65 amps. I have installed a fairly normal cd player, reciever (kenwood) and I have a 200 watt. amp as well installed. my speakers are pioneer 6x9, triaxle. The stereo plays fine but I have a problem with the batt. discharging and causing the altenater to fail. I have checked my charging system and everything points to the stereo. I noticed while I play the stereo I can see my amp gauge jump. I have read about these capasiters and hear they are not the best way to go. My question is should I up-date the altenater to a 100 amp unit or install a capasiter or I was also looking at the power acoustik capcell-600 batt. capasiter. what is my best option? I kind of think putting a bigger altenater on the car would be the best way to go. one more question. I wanted to install a set of tweeters in the front and when I hooked them into the speaker system they don't seem to work. I read that I need to install a pass cross over and I purchased one and I was wondering where to wire it in. from the amp wire to my 6x9's was the location i was thinking. my amp is set up for lt and rt speakers will the wire going to my speakers split also operate the tweeters?

What kind of setup are you running?

By the sound of it, I could bet you that just by simply replacing your battery with an XS Power, Kinetik, Stinger, BatCap, or battery of the sort along with upgrading your wiring (doing the Big-3) will pretty much solve your problem...and if it still persists then it'd be time to replace your alt

200 watt amp no needed for capacitor period or a upgraded battery its pointless

hell i have 600watts of addational fog lights on my truck

Sorry, I'm kind of old school when it comes to stereos, this is my first amp hooked into a stereo. my system is a Kenwood KDC-4019 cd-reciever, a L.A.sound PCH 50 amp, pioneer 6x9 speakers. I used a wiring kit suited for this amp. I am just thinking that the alt. is just not up to it.

Sounds like either your battery or you alt is the problem not the stereo.

200watts unless on some retartedly power hungry broken amplifier should not require a better alt or battery.

If your only running a 200 watt amp then at the most your only introducing a 20 amp draw to your system, if this is causing problems with your charging system then you have some real issues to work on. An A/C turned on should give your system more than a 20 amp load. I would suggest having your battery tested, you may have some bad cells, then have the alt checked to make sure it's actually working like it should. After this you should upgrade the Big 3 wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

john-1956

john-1956
Anderson, Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
john-1956