Car Audio & Electronics Magazine looking for an Editor in Chief

if I'm reading it correctly, it will just be an online magazine?

I subscribed a while back, got one issue and was told they wouldn't be printing any more...it would be nice to have it back in print
Indeed, the revival will be online-only. With print magazine costs as they are these days, we're focusing on the online model which we believe will have a lot of benefits, most notably the ability for the community to give feedback, interact, and share, and we can offer accessories like iPhone apps that help you read CA&E wherever is most convenient. We'll also have some other car audio-related features you won't find anywhere else online, but I won't go into detail on that yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The problem I see online only is that I bought CA mag for years at my local grocery store, for the sole purpose of reading about my favorite hobby while dropping the kids off at the pool;) I don't see myself taking my laptop to the pool! If you get my drift:laugh:

I openly welcome CA back in what ever form it comes. I pray you guys are able to make it float without selling out to the big boys. Measure with an unbias stick any you have my money

Hope it works for you, but online only has too many competitors and not enough revenue.
I would rather see a rebirth of the actual magazine even if the subscription rate went back to the old $19.95 from the mid 90's.

Best of luck.
Car Audio really lost it focus and direction to true car Audio

x2 to all of this......honestly, I miss the mag, its what really associated me with car audio during my late teens/early 20s....

One suggestion.
It would be great if you posted all the past years of "Buyers Guides" from the old magazine on the site, maybe in .pdf by year.

That was a major fail on the part of the former publisher.

Interesting you mentioned that....I have a Buyers Guide from 96 I found the other day, crazy looking back at the gear that was out then..

Best of luck to you OP, that mag was cool in my opinion, be nice to see it bounce back.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You won't find any qualified individuals here. Enough said.
IMO, this is where you can better find more qualified individuals...

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?/forum/37.html

On a personal note, I have been reading CA&E since the mag & I began in the high end car audio scene..1989. I really liked the down-to-earth simple way of the articles & entire mag then until about the mid 90's. It started to become all about the 'bling & flash' with much more over-the-head articles. I also miss the car alarm security aspect being integrated along with car audio back in the day. When it started being most all 'bling & flash', it seemed car alarm security went out completely. To me that is sad, because to have & keep car audio, especially these days, you need car security.

RFCV - thanks for the recommendation and the feedback. We'll definitely take that into account as we build up the new site!
got a timeline when the new site will be up and running

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.