Car System install help..

Zenex

ive had a system for a while with no problems at all. i went and bought a new amp it is a Quamtom Audio QA2000D 1000w rms amp so i can upgrade my speakers to something more high end in the future. now the guy i bought it from owns the store and it was used and i had him hook it up infront of me in his own system to see if it worked. he had one alphasonik 12 and the amp worked just fine. i hooked it up to my 2 10's being matrix audio entry level but i had the gain turned all the way down to not blow them up. when i hooked them up it the started playing a steady tone the imediatly started after turning the gain past 1/4 turn, now for some reason the tone does change when u mess with the lowpass filter on the amp and the subsonic filter, and it did the same thing with my buddies 4 DVC diamond 12's. my headunit is a pioneer factory radio from toyota, my car is a scion tc. its had good reviews on it so i decided to keep it considering it already had preamp outs for rear subwoofer and front. i asked the guy at the store and he said amp only amplifies what it gets from the headunit but ive hooked plenty of amps to it and only this one has done it. but he hooked it up on his and never did it once. but i hooked it up to my buddies radio and it did the same as mine and he has a brand new headunit. so im lost for words. any ideas on what to do? could it be wiring or interference on my wires? its already blown my 2 10's and im wanting to get 2 t3 audio 10's that can handle the full power of the amp but im gunna be pissed if it pops the voice coils in them like it did with my matrix with this whole steady tone its doing..

i would return the amp and get something else.

it could be a grounding issue in your install.

does it produce a tone when no RCA's are connected?

you can verify with a portable mp3 player input to the amp?

in the future, when amps make noises, don't power your speakers with them.

100MEDIA_IMAG0396.jpg

because it was two short of a black cable so i connected some red wire to it. its got shrink wrapping around the quick connector and its a sure fire connection i know there isnt a problem with it.

and it does go down to bare metal under the seatbelt latch i grinded it down underneath so if i try to sell the car dealership wont say anything because u wouldnt be able to see where i grinded it. the black wire goes about another inch under directly touching the bolt and bare metal

ive heard mixed reviews.... but i got a good price on it being a class d 1000wrms and i was shown that it worked hooked up to a system and played for about an hour. now the only difference between that system mine and my buddies is he had a capacitor. it seems that when the tone starts is when its about to play a bass hit and it pulls power then the constant tone plays.. you guys think this could be the problem?

Why don't you go to your dudes place with your car and try it in both cars and show him what's happening...... try new rcas to.......and did you watch him hook it up or just see his system working with it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.