Car wont start now...

Fir3controlman
10+ year member

So I finished wiring my car speakers to my amplifier. Its a 4 channel 600 watt amp that pushes about 45 RMS. I noticed that my left front speaker is making a crackling noise and shortly after realized that I forgot to make sure I connected the pos/neg correctly on my front two speakers. I noticed shortly after that my car wouldnt turn over. Are these problems related? Is my amp some how draining my car battery?

With the information provided it is impossible to help you. I need to know how you hooked everything up, but instead of you typing it all out, could you please just take pix and post them here so I can see and help you? Take them of your connections under the hood. Take them of your connections at the amp.

qnpfe1.jpg
(amp)

this is my amp connection. I got all four speakers hooked up to them, my remote wire, ground wire, and power connect.

j17bxf.jpg
(batt)

its just my battery cable going to my interior.

also is there a simple way to fix my wiring problem without pulling my car apart again?

Most important thing is what is connected to the remote terminal on the amp? Did you connect it directly to the battery or some other constant 12v wire? Does the amp stay on when you shut the car off?

when you say the car wont turn over... lets make sure thats whats happening, you stick the key in the car...turn and nothing happens. Does your dash light up? Do you get that door open "ding noise" ?

Or when you put the key in, does the car actually turn over and try to start but just doesnt have the juice?

explain in detail, exactly what is happening here. This is the best way we can help you on the forum.

Well I put the key in and the dash lights up but when I turn the key to make the car start it wont. It just makes that clicking noise. It started after I finished putting my speakers in today.

Well I put the key in and the dash lights up but when I turn the key to make the car start it wont. It just makes that clicking noise. It started after I finished putting my speakers in today.
Lol how long did it take you to put your speakers in? Were your dome lights on during that time? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif It sounds like you did everything right, you just drained your battery in the process. Get a jump start. Then take a drive in town for a little while. Maybe 30 minutes. Then come home and shut it off. Try to crank it again. Start it 3 times in a row. If it starts all 3 times you're fine. If it doesn't, go buy a new battery.

Lol how long did it take you to put your speakers in? Were your dome lights on during that time? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif It sounds like you did everything right, you just drained your battery in the process. Get a jump start. Then take a drive in town for a little while. Maybe 30 minutes. Then come home and shut it off. Try to crank it again. Start it 3 times in a row. If it starts all 3 times you're fine. If it doesn't, go buy a new battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.