Carputer 101

Man I kinda want to put my carputer back in, but damn they're a pain in the ass, lol. I even got the m2-ATX and I just use it in dumb mode, lol.
they are a pain in the ass when you get frustrated and forget what you are doing, but once you get get it going it really isnt soo bad. For me knowing all the blood, sweat, tears, & soul that went into seems worth it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

they are a pain in the ass when you get frustrated and forget what you are doing, but once you get get it going it really isnt soo bad. For me knowing all the blood, sweat, tears, & soul that went into seems worth it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Well, I had mine in there for about 3 months, I have an Innovatek 8" touchscreen and a 21" screen in the rear of the jeep showing out the back window. But trying to do SPL burps with it was a pain, and kept having noise issues so I ended up going back to a head unit

Well, I had mine in there for about 3 months, I have an Innovatek 8" touchscreen and a 21" screen in the rear of the jeep showing out the back window. But trying to do SPL burps with it was a pain, and kept having noise issues so I ended up going back to a head unit
hmm.. maybe it was something on your part? i have no noise issues at all.

I have a kill switch mounted up front already mega, but for some reason it doesn't work when the car does this.

The switch is on the remote wire, so I can safely turn on/off the computer using the PSU's built in DSSC. If everything is normal it works fine, flipping the switch acts just like turning the key on/off only I can restart the computer while the car is still running.

For some reason when my car does this weird electrical thing, the computer remains "on" in the sense that it stays on (fans spin on motherboard and case), but the windows instantly shuts off, screen goes blank, and the computer stop responding to the remote wire. I have to manually unplug either the motherboard or the power supply with the car off, and then turn them both on at the same time to fix it...it's really weird.

The computer was working flawlessly until the starting problems showed up and absolutely nothing was changed so I know it's not my wiring or the PSU or anything.

ordered a new dash. putting HU in stock location til i get the xenarc. tis a sad day

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

well, i am going to cut the lilli out of the old dash and mold the Xenarc in there. and computer will be relocated to trunk, sound card will be used this time, audegy2ls for now. plan to get a alto mobile drive 30 for sound processor that can be controlled via pc serial cable for tuning. redoing false floor in trunk. probally add some midrange drivers in the kickpanels(3way front). Thats all I can think of for now.

well heres an idea i had i wanted to build a carputer for my truck and have it rear as my gauges. now i already have an avic-n3 that will read my speedometer but if i cold get a carputer to read my fuel level engine temp oil pressure tach ect and have a couple small screens in place of my gauges i think that would be pretty sweet only problem is i dont know how ou would interface them. possibly using obd2? so any ideas as to getting that to work?

well heres an idea i had i wanted to build a carputer for my truck and have it rear as my gauges. now i already have an avic-n3 that will read my speedometer but if i cold get a carputer to read my fuel level engine temp oil pressure tach ect and have a couple small screens in place of my gauges i think that would be pretty sweet only problem is i dont know how ou would interface them. possibly using obd2? so any ideas as to getting that to work?
it can be done, and i think it has been done. However usin odbII will result in bottlenecking from what i read. its not that the software cant read it fast enough, its the ecu trying to read multiple variables. Another question you should ask is :*taken from mp3car

"Obviously, getting the data from the OBDII connection should be the easiest route. But how can you "plug into" this full time while still making the connector available to run diagnostics? In other words, how can you "tap" the data full time and still be able to plug in or use another tool for diagnosis? Since there is only one connection, is some sort of "pass through" adapter available?"

answer:

"OBD-II is a network and multiple nodes are allowed. DrewTech sells a 2-way splitter. You could accomplish the same thing yourself with several hours of soldering. You'd still need to ensure that your scantools aren't trying to use the same tester address, but most networks have 8 reserved addresses available. As long as you program things correctly it's possible to connect multiple tools simultaneously."

here is a screenshot of someones; apparantly nissan is the only one i am seeing that it can be done, i may be wrong, check out mp3car.com/vbulletin for better info.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/engine-management-obd-ii-engine-diagnostics-etc/96129-ecutalk-v1-3-released-pocket-pc-laptop-consult-software-pre-obdii-nissans.html

39734d1170960633-ecutalk-v1-3-released-pocket-pc-laptop-consult-software-pre-obdii-nissans-gauges1.jpg

bump to make sure u saw my post, hopefully it helped

megalomaniac

i'm having problems with the whole setup that i have..i have two of these rockfords and i know they are good subs because they are brandnew, but i have a bandpass box and only pushing 760W Pioneer(real oldschool) amp, and i'm not sure but they aren't sounding up-to-par. my question is, what is a reliable, hopefully cheap, amp that can push these subs to the max, and what is a good enclosure for them.

thanks in advance

megalomaniac
i'm having problems with the whole setup that i have..i have two of these rockfords and i know they are good subs because they are brandnew, but i have a bandpass box and only pushing 760W Pioneer(real oldschool) amp, and i'm not sure but they aren't sounding up-to-par. my question is, what is a reliable, hopefully cheap, amp that can push these subs to the max, and what is a good enclosure for them.

thanks in advance
huh? this is a thread on car computers (mobilePC) bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif, do you have carputer?

lol I actually just found that on my own a few days ago and was thinking about doing it, I'll probably just put a switch on my remote wire though, less work involved

I also just read about the Fusion brain, I hadn't heard anything about it until last week... that's DEFINITELY going to be a big part of my next install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...