CDA-7998 into Bose system?

naiku
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Virginia
Is it possible to hook up an Alpine CDA-7998 into a stock Nissan Maxima Bose system? I know the CDA-7998 is a dead head, but believe the stock Bose speakers have their own amp. Is it possible to hook up the CDA-7998 to this amp and use it? if so what parts do I need?

And just before anyone mentions it, I know the Bose *****, its all eventually coming out, I can't afford to replace it all at once though, so starting with the HU.

Thanks.

Why would anyone want to ruin the sound of a nice SQ head unit by hooking it to a nasty factory stock Blose system. Bleck.

No highs, No lows, it must be Bose!

No, you cannot add an aftermarket HU to a blose system. The Blose amp cannot get a correct signal from an aftermarket HU. I had a Nissan Murano w/Blose and had to rip everything out.

Just save up and buy everything at once, or you are going to have to start with the speakers and amps. But then you will need to buy the PAC unit to get a signal from the factory HU to the new amps, which will be a waste when you upgrade the deck.

Why would anyone want to ruin the sound of a nice SQ head unit by hooking it to a nasty factory stock Blose system. Bleck.
No highs, No lows, it must be Bose!
For temp its ok

No, you cannot add an aftermarket HU to a blose system. The Blose amp cannot get a correct signal from an aftermarket HU. I had a Nissan Murano w/Blose and had to rip everything out.
Just save up and buy everything at once, or you are going to have to start with the speakers and amps. But then you will need to buy the PAC unit to get a signal from the factory HU to the new amps, which will be a waste when you upgrade the deck.
You or your installer didn't know what htey were doing. YES it can be integrated, and its as simple as getting the harness I stated. Know the facts before you spread false information.

Thanks for the replies, it is only temporary and I plan to rip out all the Bose stuff as soon as possible and hope to be running active off the 7998.

Nissan Bose systems are usually pretty easy to integrate. You don't really need any premium sound adapter, but it might work out better if you can use the deck's pre-outs to feed the Bose amp instead of the speaker outputs. Either way will work, but if you connect the Alpine's speaker outputs to the Bose amplifier, you might have a limited volume range because it gets very loud at a low volume setting on your deck. Just be sure to connect Alpine deck's remote output to the vehicle's amp turn-on wire.

I've occasionally had a mild turn-on pop through the Bose amp when installing aftermarket decks, but nothing serious.

For temp its ok

You or your installer didn't know what htey were doing. YES it can be integrated, and its as simple as getting the harness I stated. Know the facts before you spread false information.
My bad for the wrong info on the Maxima, but for the Murano that I had there was no way to integrate a aftermarket HU with the blose amp.

^ yes, and the Metra 70-7551 does exactly that with the pre-outs. The only way that will not work is with an 07+ nissan.

My bad for the wrong info on the Maxima, but for the Murano that I had there was no way to integrate a aftermarket HU with the blose amp.
Its alright, what method did you use though? Integrating a factory amp is fairly easy all you need to do is convert the high level of an aftermarket deck to low level, or use the pre-out's via cutting and splicing rca's or a harness like the 70-7551.

I just used the pac unit with the factory HU, since that couldn't be replaced until I was able to get a custom dash kit for the aftermarket HU. I still had to keep the factory HU in place though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.