Change the way you think about speakers with unreal accuracy

So are you trying to ask around if this already exists for the most part? Or are you trying to design and patent this your self? I am personally a little confused on the direction you are trying to take this thread..
I, as well. I consider what I do to be extremely accurate for what we are allowed to work with.....limitations of physics and acoustics. The consideration of using no high end audio equipment to control any dampening or distortion is never considered in my designs. it's is mainly done with the base acoustics of the driver/enclosure/vehicle combination, and for what we can do with it, concerning accuracy, i consider what I do to be up there fairly well, as the understanding of physcoacoustics, ray acousitcs, and general acoustics are very well adapted to my life and have been for many many years. I have pondered the virtual perfect system before as well. and if you understand the word "optimum" you know that it means as good as it can get(considering the flaws your referring to) and does not mean perfect.

What i mean is When the signal is reproduced with the highest accuracy if you know what your listening to there is no arguing..
Such as flac recordings and such? And transferring that signal directly to output without loss? I see what your saying. Yea, I have wondered about this myself for years. But there will always be a loss of some sort, whether it be added distortion, or change of phasing direction for staging, or recorded output dB levels, etc. It's funny that you mention this, because after listening to certain dubstep recordings that I have in flac format, I cannot listen to the radio anymore, lol. It drives me crazy. But, good concept and keep thinking about it, maybe you will one day find something none of us have considered yet. You never know! This is a great topic choice I think. Because it needs to be mentioned and thought about, since it is what we all desire.

Now, if you think of the difference of concert hall sound vs such limitations that you are refferring to, such as space and that, resonances are different as well. Most of the car audio comunity may not like the sound of a concert hall, but to me, that is pretty accurate as the space is acoustically large for the entire spectrum of music. This is a limitation that we are always going to be stuck with though in car audio...resonances and such, but they are different is why. concert halls use them productively, they do not have to be a bad thing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The drivers have a higher depth..

The acoustics of the car?

That the whole point of choose 1 sub vs the other..

You don't use a bottom heavy alignment for a large gain with a low natural peak..

As for as rest dcr that won't change but rise and fall somewhat can be controlled..

Box alignment will depend on mass but mass will be low as possible seeing as cms can be altered..

What I mean is the input sorce isn't a huge deal..

The big deal is the speakers introduce alot of coloration ESP at high volume..

This isn't meant to be a low powered limited throw this is meant to keep distortion very low threw out the bandwidth and output levels..

While being able to utilize a small sealed box or large ported box tuned high or low..

I, as well. I consider what I do to be extremely accurate for what we are allowed to work with.....limitations of physics and acoustics. The consideration of using no high end audio equipment to control any dampening or distortion is never considered in my designs. it's is mainly done with the base acoustics of the driver/enclosure/vehicle combination, and for what we can do with it, concerning accuracy, i consider what I do to be up there fairly well, as the understanding of physcoacoustics, ray acousitcs, and general acoustics are very well adapted to my life and have been for many many years. I have pondered the virtual perfect system before as well. and if you understand the word "optimum" you know that it means as good as it can get(considering the flaws your referring to) and does not mean perfect.
Vehicle in reference to the resonance frequency of a cabin/vehicle? I'm curious as to ask what you believe is the best yet simplest way to figure out how to determine a vehicles resonance frequency.. I have heard using a sealed box in center (closest as possible) of the vehicle then test for peak frequency allows for an approximate resonance frequency of that vehicle. Is that even correct? If so any better ways..

Lol.

Vehicle in reference to the resonance frequency of a cabin/vehicle? I'm curious as to ask what you believe is the best yet simplest way to figure out how to determine a vehicles resonance frequency.. I have heard using a sealed box in center (closest as possible) of the vehicle then test for peak frequency allows for an approximate resonance frequency of that vehicle. Is that even correct? If so any better ways..

Lol.
That's not the recommended way but since i've competed for quite a while, I can tell you it doesn't matter...

Trial and error tuning is the best when it comes to getting the highest score.

Reason being is firing direction and volume displacement internal and inside vehicle can\will effect resonance of the vehicle!

With so many variables, it's best to just build, then adjust using trial and error.

Lol.
Finding rf in a area that has losses and many different materials is hard..

The sealed box trick is a good start but once you reach 140+ it's going to change..

Yes flac is much better I'm talkin about amp output signal to the speakers accurately reproducing it St any volume level..
That would be unlikely as the distortion level of any signal increases when mechanical limitations are met. You have to consider all the variables of the system to determine an optimum low distortion level, but it will always exist. That's like asking for a circuit to provide unlimited power in an amplifier. There are always limits and losses. It's a part of electronics.

Not only that ported boxes have delay and phase variables that have to be accounted for..

The woofer will just beable to use the alignment that's mist ideal for you application...

That's not the recommended way but since i've competed for quite a while, I can tell you it doesn't matter...
Trial and error tuning is the best when it comes to getting the highest score.

Reason being is firing direction and volume displacement internal and inside vehicle can\will effect resonance of the vehicle!

With so many variables, it's best to just build, then adjust using trial and error.
You know, as much as I am into acoustical engineering and have been doing it for many years, I do agree with this, but will add that having it calculated first will get you there faster in most cases when you are ready to build anything. Much more fine tuning will be needed otherwise, and that is where calculations come in. They are not jsut a specific solution. They are based on trial and error for decades. So, they do exist quite well together-hands on and calculations that is....as long as the calculations are as correct as possible, which most people have yet to discover.

That would be unlikely as the distortion level of any signal increases when mechanical limitations are met. You have to consider all the variables of the system to determine an optimum low distortion level, but it will always exist. That's like asking for a circuit to provide unlimited power in an amplifier. There are always limits and losses. It's a part of electronics.
Its not just mechanical thermal and electrical..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.