cheap components 6.5 ...which one?

steelfish
10+ year member

ok, after searching and reading this forum (cant go to any store and check them by myself) and since budget is an issue $50-$80 (I know morel maximo are good, focal access and CDT DL, but they are outta my price right now)

I ended with these options for my front stage, they will be amp'ed but not right now, mostly I want a to hear the sounds details I dont get with my stocks and little bit more mid-bass than my paper stock speakers, later they will be amp'ed with 60rms (still looking)

BOSTON SE60 CAR 6.5" 300W COMPONENT SPEAKERS $77

DLS Audio® Classic K6 6½" 2-Way Performance-Series $80

CADENCE ZRS-65KS 6.5” 300w SLIM COMPONENT SPEAKERS $55

Jensen Carbon65C 6.5 Component Speaker Kit $55

JBL GTO628 6-1/2" 180W 2-Way GTO Series $67

PIONEER TS-A1604C 6.5" 2-WAY COMPONENT SPEAKERS $72

feel free to recommend me one and why is better, also if you have another option in THAT price range (if a coaxial in that price range can give me a sweet and nice sound I'll go for it and then later put them as a rear fill and get a better comp set) post it please

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in this as well. I had some component Kappas that I really liked but they were twice the price of most of these speakers. I've also heard the cadence cwm6 kit is good but I couldn't find any real solid reviews of it.

Install and personal preference are going to determine how good they sound. The pioneers are great for the money, so are the Bostons imo. I think a lot of people on here like the Cadence as well.

Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6.5C are also popular.

I'd camp out the for sale threads and wait for something better to pop up though.

If you can, spend a little more and get these, worth every penny http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speaker-classifieds/524454-image-dynamics-ctx65cs.html

Cwm6 kit's are well put together. I love my 2 sets and for the price you can't go wrong. Pro rabbit runs 6 pair, I've ran 2 for the last 5 months and Mest runs a couple I believe. You'd be satisfied if you bought them is all i'll say.

Cwm6 kit's are well put together. I love my 2 sets and for the price you can't go wrong. Pro rabbit runs 6 pair, I've ran 2 for the last 5 months and Mest runs a couple I believe. You'd be satisfied if you bought them is all i'll say.
How would they be without being amped? I've been running just off the "22wrms" from my headunit and won't have time to wire in my amp until christmas break. I'm running some terrible pioneer coax's in the front and they drive me crazy. How is the midbass by the way? And could I really crank them up without major distortion?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

[/color]

I heard they're good but went to check them and they have some BIG magnet and my door space is limited really dont want to deal with cutting, etc.

How would they be without being amped? I've been running just off the "22wrms" from my headunit and won't have time to wire in my amp until christmas break. I'm running some terrible pioneer coax's in the front and they drive me crazy. How is the midbass by the way? And could I really crank them up without major distortion?
I run them on my 3200dvd. They sound decent and get plenty loud on h/u power. The mids really can't shine on the power, but still sound ok. The highs are good and that's all I really need out of them as I have the substage to take care of the rest.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------
[/color]

I heard they're good but went to check them and they have some BIG magnet and my door space is limited really dont want to deal with cutting, etc.
I think the depth is 3". It's a good looking well built set. Couldn't expect more for 60 bucks.

what about this two? I hear good things about the brand but nothing about this entry level

BOSTON SE60 CAR 6.5" 300W COMPONENT SPEAKERS $77

DLS Audio® Classic K6 6½" 2-Way Performance-Series $80

what would be better a second level/high end level (flagship) of a decent brand like Memphis, pioneer, cadence, polk, infinity or a entry level of excellent brands like CDT, Focal, diamond audio, DLS, etc,

buy deadener and seal your doors instead of getting new speakers.

then save up to like 200 or so and then you will be getting a good upgrade. Right now you will only slightly improve if any improvement at all

buy deadener and seal your doors instead of getting new speakers. then save up to like 200 or so and then you will be getting a good upgrade. Right now you will only slightly improve if any improvement at all
I would take this one step further and say amp them before buying new speakers too. In my experience the difference between head unit and amped where night and day.

buy deadener and seal your doors instead of getting new speakers. then save up to like 200 or so and then you will be getting a good upgrade. Right now you will only slightly improve if any improvement at all
well sounds like a good plan but my stock speakers are really cheap paper cone ones, have no loud sound and one is already toasted

thats why I cannot amp my stocks also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.