Clarion DPX11551 Mono Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
trying to power a RE audio Mx sub at 2 ohms.

1000 watts AT LEAST for now.

someone on here suggested this clarion amp:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020DPX1155/Clarion-DPX11551.html?search=Clarion+VENDORID020&searchdisplay=Clarion&tp=115&tab=review

never heard or been much into any clarion component. what do you guys think. is clarion good for any of their products, is it just cheap priced stuff that arent too good anyways or should i get something better for this sub. i dont want a good sub, and some cheap amp to power it.

give me any other amp suggestions: i was thinking soundstream maybe? if not then US Amps or sundown (im on a budget and sundowns are expensive, even the refurbished ones still seem too much, usually you can find any other component online pretty cheap, but i cant find sundown)

Clarions been up and down on the quality board. Around Y2K they were on the down, but before and now they're on the up. Great stuff. I've loved Clarion ever since '92.

Those amps are nice, but the Clarion DPX11500 (the 1500 before that model) was louder. I actually have a DPX11500 and its a beast.

I know alot of people who changed from 11500s to 11551s and they were really disappointed.

All I can say is that I am pleased with the performance of the Clarion DPX1851. It is way more efficient than the old school POS Linear Power 5002 that I removed from my vehicle, and it is on par with the Lunar L2125 that I was running bridged to my sub at 2 ohms. The only reason I went "cheap" on the subwoofer amp was so that I could move the "better" amplifier to the frequencies that matter more, the mids and highs.

For the price, those Clarions are pretty hard to beat right now (ETA: Provided they make the power you need at 2 ohms)!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.