CMPX215 vs. RL-S

man seriously? 2000 watts for a home theatre sub? I mean its not that Im saying its bad, its just if I would mention 2000 watts to a sub, I would think that it would be loud as hell. I havent heard it yet but from what I hear they are inefficient. But for some reason I never hear about how good they sound?
Home audio does not benefit from the added low-end output response us car guys get from our vehicle's transfer function. Its takes some serious power and displacement to hit the low lows with authority in a linear fashion.

I would highly recommend the CMPx2 15. It is an extremely musical woofer with a great deal of potential to get loud. I can't really do a fair comparison of these two woofers because I have never heard the RL-S, but if it's anything like the RL-P's (which I'm sure it is know Mike:) ) then I am sure it is a breath taking woofer as well. I think that both woofers would definitely make you smile, it just boils down to how much cash you're willing to part with. $200 for mine vs. $500 for the RL-S.

I wouldn't go that far.......
It is definitely a subwoofer for specific situations, and not a one size fits all sub. They are really more tailored to home audio/theater rather than car audio.
Indeed, if one wanted to use a Sealed box which USUALY means one wants sound quality, why would they want such an inefficient woofer? I would rather take an idmax or oz me in that case....just my personal opinion of course.

Home audio does not benefit from the added low-end output response us car guys get from our vehicle's transfer function. Its takes some serious power and displacement to hit the low lows with authority in a linear fashion.
Well, lots of power or a bigass box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Depends on the driver and system goals really.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

solomon

10+ year member
solomon
canutillo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from