Coaxial Suggestions Needed

I come bearing a gift //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif...I found my cable to try a filter on it for a better video....this with them high passed at 100hz. They sound much better and I can't get them to distort.....this video is with them pretty loud, not wide open but turned up pretty high. The video doesn't do them justice as they really surprised me with the filter on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6dFvmFnyxo&feature=plcp&context=C4222b2dVDvjVQa1PpcFN0v_hLbMqgffzBfJHZI2s2 Jov7OliQM7o%3D
Yo, I'll be home in like 15 minutes to check out that video. A few posts above a guy recommended the JBL P662s. They're 2ohm coaxials with an internal crossover & the tweeter is textile. Any opinion on those? They can take much more than the rated RMS with ease.

I come bearing a gift //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif...I found my cable to try a filter on it for a better video....this with them high passed at 100hz. They sound much better and I can't get them to distort.....this video is with them pretty loud, not wide open but turned up pretty high. The video doesn't do them justice as they really surprised me with the filter on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6dFvmFnyxo&feature=plcp&context=C4222b2dVDvjVQa1PpcFN0v_hLbMqgffzBfJHZI2s2 Jov7OliQM7o%3D
Yo, I'll be home in like 15 minutes to check out that video. A few posts above a guy recommended the JBL P662s. They're 2ohm coaxials with an internal crossover & the tweeter is textile. Any opinion on those? They can take much more than the rated RMS with ease.

The pioneers are a nice set, however, no passive crossover, and the jbls have better cooling.. You probably cant see it in the pictures, but the power series has a real nice cooling system in place, and remember they are 2 ohms, so still should get a little more power out of the set. Something to consider.. Good luck
I didn't notice the cooling system at all. Gonna really look at them when I get near my laptop. From what I've seen over the years, JBLs can take a lot more than rated RMS. I'm guessing these are no exception. Reviews on them seem great.

I've only heard those JBLs once in a shop and it wasn't for very long, and he was playing regular FM radio, so can't really comment too much on them. But, I have been curious about the offerings of JBL. However, I can say I made a thread not too long, in which a poll was involved of best budget comps and the JBLs got the LEAST amount of votes with Image Dynamics getting the most of the choices (except for "other") which is why I went with them. Now, granted alot of the voters have probably never heard either set and just voted by names, but some may have heard and made an informed choice. The 2 ohm thing is good if u have a low power amp, but with your amp, I wouldn't be too concerned with it and I completely ignore power ratings (RMS) on comps and coaxs because music is too dynamic in the frequencies they play along with a few other variables. Each set I've posted will take over "RMS" if that's how you'd prefer to look at it though. I am/ have given each set over double their RMS, shoot like 5x the RMS of the Bostons.... Not saying the JBLs are bad by any means but don't let those factors influence you. All of these speakers have an internal crossover of sorts. At very least, a high pass to keep from blowing the tweeter. If the JBL crossover is a truely better, then it will have a low pass to keep highs from the woofer, but I'm not completely sure it has that.....could, though.....

I've only heard those JBLs once in a shop and it wasn't for very long, and he was playing regular FM radio, so can't really comment too much on them. But, I have been curious about the offerings of JBL. However, I can say I made a thread not too long, in which a poll was involved of best budget comps and the JBLs got the LEAST amount of votes with Image Dynamics getting the most of the choices (except for "other") which is why I went with them. Now, granted alot of the voters have probably never heard either set and just voted by names, but some may have heard and made an informed choice. The 2 ohm thing is good if u have a low power amp, but with your amp, I wouldn't be too concerned with it and I completely ignore power ratings (RMS) on comps and coaxs because music is too dynamic in the frequencies they play along with a few other variables. Each set I've posted will take over "RMS" if that's how you'd prefer to look at it though. I am/ have given each set over double their RMS, shoot like 5x the RMS of the Bostons.... Not saying the JBLs are bad by any means but don't let those factors influence you. All of these speakers have an internal crossover of sorts. At very least, a high pass to keep from blowing the tweeter. If the JBL crossover is a truely better, then it will have a low pass to keep highs from the woofer, but I'm not completely sure it has that.....could, though.....
Guess the JBLs got no love. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

If RMS & power ratings meant everything, we'd all be powering Alpine Type X's with Performance Teknique amps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm hoping to get a MB Quart DSC4125 or a Crescendo 1000c4 since I've always wanted to own those 2 amps. Both will push 125 rms all day. Wish I could listen to the JBLs and compare them to the Pioneers & the Bostons. I'm gonna check out your vid right now.

Great song choice!

Great song choice right here!

JBL make solid equipment though, don't count em out...unless u want to.
I was just about to ask if u had any way of listening to some stuff locally
I gotta look around. I live in LA and downtown there's like 15 different car audio warehouses within a 5 mile radius. I'll probably have to drive from shop to shop.

So far today has been a success because I've at least narrowed my choices. The hardest part is gonna be finding a pretty good 4ch amp.

The amps u posted get good reviews. I'm partial to Boston GT amps though for a few reasons //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'm pretty sure they're sick! The 2 amps I want, this is like the worst time to look for them. I've been checking the classifieds hoping a good 4ch at a good price comes up. Nothing at the moment.

I'm pretty sure they're sick! The 2 amps I want, this is like the worst time to look for them. I've been checking the classifieds hoping a good 4ch at a good price comes up. Nothing at the moment.
I agree, they have been pretty weak lately. Have u checked caraudioclassifieds.org ?

What's your budget? U might wanna make a WTB thread

I agree, they have been pretty weak lately. Have u checked caraudioclassifieds.org ?What's your budget? U might wanna make a WTB thread
Yes, I've been checking CAC.org as well all over Craigslist in my area. Something is gonna come up soon, always happens, just gotta be patient. I'd go no higher than 130 for the MB Quart DSC4125, of course I'll pay a lot more for a Crescendo 1000c4. I really wanna try the Crescendo since because of the reviews. I almost bought the Crescendo comps. If an old school 4ch amp comes up I'll most likely hop on it though. Old school 4ch amps are sick.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

I agree, they have been pretty weak lately. Have u checked caraudioclassifieds.org ?What's your budget? U might wanna make a WTB thread
Yes, I've been checking CAC.org as well all over Craigslist in my area. Something is gonna come up soon, always happens, just gotta be patient. I'd go no higher than 130 for the MB Quart DSC4125, of course I'll pay a lot more for a Crescendo 1000c4. I really wanna try the Crescendo since because of the reviews. I almost bought the Crescendo comps. If an old school 4ch amp comes up I'll most likely hop on it though. Old school 4ch amps are sick.

Awesome Demo with the ID's princ3cmo ... I wish you had a demo of the ID CX62 V2... I am wanting to go with ID's for my rear fill to compliment my ID CTX-6.5cs front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.