Cobalt 2 12" Brutus 4th Order BP

so i did some port mods and stuff and it sounds GREAT but not very impressed by the number its putting up. it managed to only pull a 140.4 at 40hz. i put the meter in the box and it did a 156 at 40hz and a 158.1 at 69hz.

didnt take any pics but we foamed around the box and some minor spots in the back deck.

o well its a good thing this is just a daily driver so at least it sounds good. it does a 139+ from 38hz to 48hz so it sounds good on about everything.

Main thing is that it sounds good, personally wasnt expecting great numbers from the setup, but love the install. Always nice to see something different, esp in trunk cars.

so i did some port mods and stuff and it sounds GREAT but not very impressed by the number its putting up. it managed to only pull a 140.4 at 40hz. i put the meter in the box and it did a 156 at 40hz and a 158.1 at 69hz.
didnt take any pics but we foamed around the box and some minor spots in the back deck.

o well its a good thing this is just a daily driver so at least it sounds good. it does a 139+ from 38hz to 48hz so it sounds good on about everything.
make the port shorter and u should gain alittle on the spl..

other than that looks really good

make the port shorter and u should gain alittle on the spl..other than that looks really good

Not necessarily. The only thing that would probably do is raise his frequency.

The only way his numbers would go up is if he gets closer to the resonant frequency of his vehicle.

If your box tuning matches your resonant frequency of your vehicle, then you should be at the maximum spl for the vehicle.

make the port shorter and u should gain alittle on the spl..other than that looks really good

i changed the port a couple times since the last pic. best output has came with 8" long and shrunk the port area too.

perhaps if the sealed chambers are shrunk and stuffed, you will gain from lowering the peak freq and the added volume to the ported section will allow you to open the port up more?

welp almost done just need to fill some screw holes in and coat the inside of the port with bedliner and it will be complete. i will take some vids of it when we get it complete. threw something in the port today and wow i was impressed by how much air it does move.

PIC-0409.jpg

That looks really nice. I wish I would have tried a 4th order in my trunk car. The way you sealed off the box looks great. Only way to do a trunk car IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

2000LaDe

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
2000LaDe
Lafayette, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date