Comp Set Comparable to Boston Acoustics FS60?

Participant count
  • Participant list

danteBirosel
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
It's been a while since I been here and just recently my Set of Boston Acoustic FS-60 is taking a shitter. I've been out the CA game for awhile, so was wondering if anyone can lead me to the right direction. Looking for something i can use daily, which will be fed by my Orion 4 chan amp.

Max Budget: $350

Size: 6.5"

Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

You should love these. I purchsed Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components off of Ebay and these speakers are the best purchase I've made for my car audio, hands down. If you don't know Morel (and many don't), they are known for an extremely smooth tweeter response. And, the Tempo Ultra tweeters live up to this reputation. I can crank these speakers for well past an hour and because these tweeters have such a smooth response, when I finally turn off the stereo, my ears are NOT ringing! But, this is not the most surprising characteristic of these speakers. The bass response surprised me the most. It is deep and tight (for a 6.5" driver) and it is almost as if I am listening to a subwoofer...almost.

Here is the link from the seller on Ebay:

Authentic Original Morel Tempo Ultra 602 2 Way Pro Component Speaker System 6 5" 7290001458525 | eBay

I was a little concerned about authenticity, so I contacted Morel and they said to send a pic of the box with serial number and a pic of the back side of the midbass driver. I did that and they said they were authentic speakers. This Ebay seller is legit. And for under $300, you are going to get the very best band for your buck (they list for $400).

Also, if you google search "morel tempo ultra 602 review" you will find a complete build log on diymobilaudio.com using these speakers and the author talks a lot about them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.