Competition Stock 600-1800, IASCA & dbdrag overlaping classes

Participant count
  • Participant list

mcsoul
10+ year member

such is life
dfw
Allright, I did a lot of searching on this and other forums.

I still don't understand.

USACI uses the amps 4ohm rating or highst RMS times a fraction based on that ratings' impedance.

.5 at 2 ohms

.4 at 1 ohms

.25 at .5 ohm

The only place I've seen reference these fractions is a thread here on CA.com, does anyone know if they are accurate?

So a sundown SAZ-1500D is rated at 400wx1@4ohms and 1500x1@1ohm

USACI would rate this amp at 600 watts right? (.4x1500)

Do people actually compete in the 1-600w class (limited to one amplifier anyway)

using the SAZ1500 and head unit power for the highs? How does such a config

map into DbDrag and IASCA or MECA?

Has anyone created a spreadsheet based on the different org rules?

The class I'm really interested in is the 601-1800w class, because I'd like to use 3 amplifiers and go active on the mids and highs.

Can someone compete in SB2 (say 2 12's) and stock 601-1800 at the same event?

How does the 601-1800 class map to the other orgs, is it better to stay under say 1500w total at 4 ohms to compete in another org if you want too?

Anyone who can clear any part of this up, please post. Otherwise tits or gtfo.jk:D

IASCA and dB Drag do not use power ratings at all.

example: Street A in dB Drag would be limited to one Mono amp. (unlimited power) and 2) 10" subs.

Also. Amps for highs dont count in USACI SPL format, just sub amps.

Amps for highs only count in SQ competition.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.