Complete amateur needs help fixing cable

Participant count
  • Participant list

pipjon

Without discussing all the options I have considered the facts are that:-

In a new VW golf plus

1)I want to use my bluetooth headset with my PDA (on top of dash) for calls

2) I want to play audio from the PDA through my car aux which is - unfortunately - in the centre console between the front seats.

I can do this via a bluetooth transmitter and a receiver, but I can't find ones which can transmit/receive whilst charging.

FM transmitters in London, UK suffer from a lot of interference from pirate radios etc.

So I need to either take a 3.5mm aux cable from top of dash and swap out the xisting aux cable (THis via drilled hole in top of dash or possibly run behind front plate of unit (both tiresome and messy options) OR run a 2m aux cable from top of dash to aux jack in centre console.

This would also be messy but a lot easier BUT how do I fix the cable to the plastic trim on the dash, around contours etc. to get there. Are there special fixings, adhesive hooks etc. which you can get in a dark or charcoal greyish colour?

Regards Jon Halperin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.