Components that mount coaxially....

Beerdrnkr
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego
I'm going to work on another setup and have decided to throw a set of coaxially mounted components in my kicks as a single point source. I'm looking at a couple sets right now, Kicker RS6's and MB Quart PCE-213's. I know they're a little older but I've heard really good things about them. I was just wondering what to go with or if anyone knows of another great set of components that can be mounted coaxially. I can fit 5.25's or shallow 6.5's in my kicks and will be throwing about 300wrms to each set. I have Dayton Reference 8's in the doors, a single 12 sealed, and an alpine 9887. Any reviews or advice is appreciated, thanks.

if you really want to you could make most component setsmount coaxially with a little fabrication

if you really want to you could make most component setsmount coaxially with a little fabrication
I don't think I have the fabrication skills for that and I'd just rather have a plug and play set.

ppi's, they are nice
Do those mount coaxially?

Boston Acoustics has several sets with that option, and they get good reviews.
Yeah, I was looking at the pro 60's as well but they might be a little too bright for me. Sorry, I should've stated my budget ($200 or so).

yep they have a hole that goes all the way through the pole piece for the wire and the tweeter screws into the center of the mid. i haven't installed mine yet but have an md-22 for them

yep they have a hole that goes all the way through the pole piece for the wire and the tweeter screws into the center of the mid. i haven't installed mine yet but have an md-22 for them
I've heard good things about those sets. I might look into those, not really sure how they'd compare to other top of the line sets from back in the day like the premium quarts.

i believe ID XS has the option to mount coaxially.
I would love a set but they're out of my price range. I had a set of the CXS's but unfortunately the 6.5's were too big for my kicks so I had to sell them.

i have MB Quart's PVI, love them
Not sure about the new MB Quart stuff.

Last time I checked, CDT has a few sets that can do that.
I have mixed feelings about CDT, although I've never heard any set from them. Thanks for input, I'm really looking into the Kicker RS6's, MB Quart PCE's, PPI's, and the new Polks. Any others out there?

We have a new line coming out that would fit the bill....
Does it come with a passive xover? Do you know what the retail on them will be? If they're anything like the L4's I had, I'm sure they'd fit the bill.

the new pvi are shallow mount and will take the 300 per pair a bit better than the older models will, i sell em for about 160 shipped with a 2 yr factory direct exchange warranty through Maxxsonics directly. also the new tweeter on the pvi is way better than anything they made other than the qsd216 which was a very limited model that cost around 2k in the early and mid 90's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.