comps for Q4-120

Participant count
  • Participant list

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
any recommendations on components for this amp? i was looking into the JL C5's but then i read about the JBL P660c and they are half the price and seem pretty nice. The c5's seem to have a very nice sound to them but dont seem to be loud. id buy 2 sets to achieve my sound level goals. What do you guys think?

JL c5's $618.52 for the 2 sets

P660 $298.92 for the 2 sets...

price wise this ones a no brainer but im scared the jbls might be too harsh on my ears

Really depends on your needs here. I haven't looked up specs on either set. But I'm not a fan of jl anyway. Cost to much for what they have. If your not wanting a harsh found then tweets with a soft silk dome will be smoother sounding if aimed correctly Now if you just want loud. Then maybe a pro audio set up might be the ticket

I was reading that if i want loud i should be looking into components in the 150+ rms range but im confused as to how the wattage is divided. What would a pro audio setup consist of? I finally got my Q2200 yesterday and its just so **** thats why i want the q4 or q2 to match it but idk what components would be up to par with what these 2 amps put out. I guess my definition of loud is probably dofferent from other peoples but for example in my friends is250 his stereo is pretty loud and clear while doing so all it needs is a good sub and thats the stock system. Which consist of 3 way comps up front and 2 way for rear doors and 2 6" subs

Single cab c1500 so in reality all i have is a center stage lol im going to cut my doors and make a custom panel with door pods and stuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.