compustar or viper

the only viper i have experience with is a baseline model from about 6 years ago, and it served me well, but its nothing like the newer 2 ways. now i have the 900fm compustar, and i love it. from what i understand the vipers are cheaper, but have more standard options, and less range, compared to the 900fm, and a LOT less range compared to the ss. no idea about the fine, never heard of it.

compustar is better hands downall my friends use it and i had experience with it on my last car and its pretty good

How is it better?

Explain this one to me...

Any alarm can work pretty **** good as long as you know what you're doing with it.

I am compareing the 2 alarms
Compustar 2wss-a

and

Viper 5000

What is this 11,000 $ fine i read of that you cannot get with the viper?

Can you get this fine with the compustar?

Fine for what ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How is it better?

Any alarm can work pretty **** good as long as you know what you're doing with it.
true, one alarm is for the most part as good as another. i shelled out the coin for the compustar because of the range though. from some accounts, the ss has over 3 times the range of the viper. i've never heard any account saying they were the same or even close. general consensus seems to be about 1000-1500 ft for the viper, and 2500-3000 ft for the ss, if you're outside. you get around 1/2 to 2/3 of that if you're in a building, less if the walls are really thick. that range can be the difference between keeping and losing your equipment.

How is it better?

when my dealer goes snow skiing, he starts his car while his is on top of thew moutain on his last run so it is warm when he gets in it. that over 1/2 mile away.

thats a compustar by the way.

I've had a 2WSS for about two years now and here are my gripes:

1) It eats batteries like every 3 weeks....but it is winter and I do remote start it pretty much every morning.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

2) It is pretty unpredictable in that sometimes the **** car won't unlock for 2-3 seconds if I'm standing right next to it:mad:

3) The remote is too big and it is not that sturdy....especially if you drop it a couple of times:uhoh:

4) Sometimes when press the door lock button on the remote, it doesn't pick it up even when I can hear all the doors lock as I'm walking away from the car:rolleyes:

5) I have a manual and it must be set up in reserve mode prior to it being remote started. What blows about this is that if it has been set up to remote start and later on I need something out of the car and I unlock it open any of the doors it will take it out of reserve mode and cannot be remote started UNLESS I restart the car and set it back up again.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

The great things about this system:

1) The range is great, but unpredictable. I've started it from a full mile away in a straigh line shot, but haven't been able to start it from a few blocks away in a downtown area.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

2) The shock sensor is strong, but if you are out of range it is useless. I have never caught a theif, but I have had a few close calls....and this baby has saved me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

All in all, I would probably entertain other systems if I was going to spend $600 on one again!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Compustars primary + over the DEI systems is the range, all else would go to DEI. Compustar/Firstech has only been around since late '99 not enough time for me to switch over and convince my customers its better.

EVERYthing with the Compustar is large and hardly managable during installs compared to the DEIs as well. With DEIs newer '06 models, theres Alot more factory options already included over the Compustars.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.