Consumer Rights - Faulty Products

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonnyAlpha

UK
Hi;

I purchased a Rockford Fosgate complete amplifier wiring kit and half way through the installation I noticed that part way along the battery cable there appeared to be some swelling caused by possibly corrosion or some defect in the wire?

I contacted the company who responded with an apology and said:

"this would have to be returned complete as received and we will send out a brand new kit for you"

How on earth can I return it as a complete uint when I have cut the speaker wires, battery positive and negative cables to fit, soldered on several of the connectors!!

Where do I stand should I just ask them to replace the faulty cable? What am I entitled to?

Thanks for any advice.

You can't expect any company to just give you a new one without giving the old one back. Ask them politely if there is anyway for them just to replace that one wire.

You can't expect any company to just give you a new one without giving the old one back. Ask them politely if there is anyway for them just to replace that one wire.
I wasn't expecting them to send me a complete kit :) just the faulty cable. I have just emailed them explaining that I cannot return the kit as it is now all chopped, soldered and installed but have asked them to send me a replacement battery cable.

You didn't notice that defected area before installing the new wiring? But anywho, take everything out and send it all back as requested.

Weird. Usually install/amp kits have fresh wiring in them.

You didn't notice that defected area before installing the new wiring? But anywho, take everything out and send it all back as requested.
Weird. Usually install/amp kits have fresh wiring in them.
I can see not noticing a bad cable until you actually get to that particular part of the job.

Really strange, Rockford cable should be pretty high quality.

I'd also suggest to tell them that half the kit is already installed and cut and see if they can just replace the power cable portion if you return that. Or you might could go over their head and contact RF directly. For the prices they charge they should have decent customer support.

I can see not noticing a bad cable until you actually get to that particular part of the job.
Really strange, Rockford cable should be pretty high quality.

I'd also suggest to tell them that half the kit is already installed and cut and see if they can just replace the power cable portion if you return that. Or you might could go over their head and contact RF directly. For the prices they charge they should have decent customer support.
Think this is the 1st time I'm reading someone with a "bad" install kit. I have one sitting on my floor under the fireplace and its brand new. (Knukonceptz)

Every time I buy something I test it out and/or look it over carefully. Almost bought a JL 15w3 the other day. One coil wasn't reading right so I passed on it. Sub was in pretty bad shape, looked like someone tried to fix a tinsel lead on it.

Op, can you provide a pic of the swelling are on the cable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.