Correct Components For System?

ayyjay72

I'm about to majorly upgrade my car audio system and I wanted to make sure everything I'm about to get is compatible and my setup will work properly.

Header - Kenwood KDC-255U (2-channel)

Front Speakers x2 - Kenwood KFC-P709PS (80 watt RMS)

Rear Speakers x2 - Kenwood KFC-415C (55 watt RMS)

Amp for Speakers - Kenwood KAC-2404S (4-channel; 40 watts RMS x4)

Subwoofers x2 - Kenwood KFC-W3013PS (400 watt RMS; 4 ohms)

Amp for Subwoofers - Kenwood KAC-5001PS (mono; 300 watts RMS x1 at 4 ohms; 500 watts x1 at 2 ohms)

Planning to hook both amps up to the header, use the 4-channel amp for the four speakers and use the mono amp for the two subs.

Will using one header channel for each amp work? Will a mono amp work with two subs?

Thanks for any help guys.

I'm about to majorly upgrade my car audio system and I wanted to make sure everything I'm about to get is compatible and my setup will work properly.
Header - Kenwood KDC-255U (2-channel)

Front Speakers x2 - Kenwood KFC-P709PS

Rear Speakers x2 - Kenwood KFC-415C

Amp for Speakers - Kenwood KAC-2404S (4-channel)

Subwoofers x2 - Kenwood KFC-W3013PS

Amp for Subwoofers - Kenwood KAC-5001PS (mono)

Planning to hook both amps up to the header, use the 4-channel amp for the four speakers and use the mono amp for the two subs.

Will using one header channel for each amp work? Will a mono amp work with two subs?

Thanks for any help guys.
That head unit only has 2 preouts, one for front and one for rear, or one

For front and one for sub... To run all four channels of the kac-2404s you would need to get a RCA splitter (maybe?) anyways... Something to plug your right and left channel into comimg off of the front preout of radio so you would have 4 inputs (front right, front left, rear left, and rear right) for the 4 channel... Yes you can wire both subs to the mono amp. Wire the subs in series or parallel.

That was my main concern with the head unit. Would a 5-channel header work better or be more efficient?
3 channel (3 preouts) would be exactly what you needed... The 2 would work, but you'd have more versatility with a 3... Such as fading and balance! I just got a factory refurbished kenwood kdc-x496 off crutchfield for 109.00! That has 3 channels and it's also 4 volt preout which would let you be able to not turn the gain up as high on the amps to get the same out put as the other headunit (kdc-255u)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.