Could use advice - replacing speakers on 2018 Accord EX-L

Thanks - I know next to nothing about car audio other than what sounds bad to me. Are you suggesting something like this - FiX-86 - Car Audio - Processors - OEM Integration - JL Audio instead of the lc6i? I've been to the top to rated places on Yelp in Los Angeles - I'd have no idea where to go next - I'm not saying there aren't better - I just don't know where to begin. Whoops sorry for the double post - I see that I posted the response already - just didn't see it as I got a fast reply.
reus systems in orange or beach autosound in huntington beach. Both are audiophile oriented places. If you go to reus, I wouldnt bring any gear to them, just let them do the whole setup, it'll be done right, they literally measure every acoustical and phase reflections in your vehicle difference down to your seat fabric and choose the best drivers (fully tested for ts specs and in vehicle response) to match your car acoustics. Elite competition level stuff, definitely masters at work. They use higher end gear than JL most of the times in terms of raw performance. Some of their highest level installs reshape the dash, change out the door fabric, literally sound quality perfection when they are done while looking like a b@d@ss ride as well with the aesthetics. Dont worry, most of their general installs is stealth so everything looks stock with no modifications but sound ridiculously good.

A lot of the top scoring SQ competitors around here go to them for work done.

So I think I'll be putting inJL Audio C5-075CT - front doors and rear deck

JL Audio C5-650-X0 - front doors and rear deck

FiX-86 - Car Audio - Processors - OEM Integration - JL Audio - probably on the underside of the rear deck

https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/mrv-f300/ - probably on the underside of the rear deck
I'd get something with MUCH more power. Power helps out SQ a lot during moderate volumes levels, brings detail to life and prevents speaker break up. You always want a lot more headroom when it comes to power because whenever you dont have enough power, you'll literally hear your speakers sounding like sh*t from the amp being maxed out. I'd get something with that can do 300 watts at 2 ohms for those particular drivers. since you'll have four tweeters on 2 channels and four mids on the other channels.

The fix 86 only cleans up the signal but does not offer any active capabilities. I'd look into an audison bit 10, bit one, helix dsp, hertz h8 or alpine pxa800 instead because you wont have any kind of crossover capabilities with the fix86. You need crossovers to tell the mids and tweeters to focus on doing their own jobs. This increases power handling and gets a perfect blend.

All the new fancy stuff is just more to go wrong .. I believe in keeping it simple and making it sound good ..I don’t need no digital crap to do that ..I have plenty of car audio trophies to back it from shows at over 100 first place wins
Again, back in the days vs now is a completely different ballgame. Whatever 80 or 90 point score in meca sq back then will only get you 55-60 nowadays with how tough the competition is now. At least the competition here in so-cal is intense.

I'd get something with MUCH more power. Power helps out SQ a lot during moderate volumes levels, brings detail to life and prevents speaker break up. You always want a lot more headroom when it comes to power because whenever you dont have enough power, you'll literally hear your speakers sounding like sh*t from the amp being maxed out. I'd get something with that can do 300 watts at 2 ohms for those particular drivers. since you'll have four tweeters on 2 channels and four mids on the other channels.

. I'd look into an audison bit 10, bit one, helix dsp, hertz h8 or alpine pxa800 instead because you wont have any kind of crossover capabilities with the fix86. You need crossovers to tell the mids and tweeters to focus on doing their own jobs. This increases power handling and gets a perfect blend.
I never crank my radio up past 30% but I suppose I could get 2 of those alpines as they are pretty cheap.

I think reus is too far away - have you ever used beach auto?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never crank my radio up past 30% but I suppose I could get 2 of those alpines as they are pretty cheap.
I think reus is too far away - have you ever used beach auto?
reus is in orange right off the 22 freeway while beach autosound is off the 405, the distance should be identical from LA. Maybe just one 100 x 4 at 4 ohm amp would be fine if thats all you go up to.

This is beach auto sound's work. its an amp rack for a sound quality competition level setup. They know what they are doing. no ghetto installs or banging bass focused stuff there, its all SQ oriented. Super clean install on the inside as well. Owner's a stand up guy as well. Just tell them you need a dsp and a full SQ setup and tune preferably with their RTA, fully treated doors, making it clear that you want audiophile level results.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j4ENRgljAi-5f06-0Q48Wk-a9C_jdWuQ

That looks excessive but its "SQ" excessive based on the customer's preferences

reus is in orange right off the 22 freeway while beach autosound is off the 405, the distance should be identical from LA. Maybe just one 100 x 4 at 4 ohm amp would be fine if thats all you go up to.

This is beach auto sound's work. its an amp rack for a sound quality competition level setup. They know what they are doing. no ghetto installs or banging bass focused stuff there, its all SQ oriented. Super clean install on the inside as well. Owner's a stand up guy as well. Just tell them you need a dsp and a full SQ setup and tune preferably with their RTA, fully treated doors, making it clear that you want audiophile level results.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j4ENRgljAi-5f06-0Q48Wk-a9C_jdWuQ

That looks excessive but its "SQ" excessive based on the customer's preferences
is that who did that insane sq Infiniti G35?

I think thanks to some fantastic advice on this forum and others, I'll wait for JL to come out with a new FIX unit that can handle separates in the front and the back - I don't really want to buy 2 units. I can wait but this was tremendously helpful. I appreciate all the replies.

I also have a 2018 Accord but with the (10) speaker set up. My equipment will be Sinfoni speakers paired with a 12” AudioFrog sub. Powered by a Zapco LX 6 channel amp and processing will be handled by a Helix Pro & Director. Doors will be deadened and sub in a fiberglassed enclosure.

Not looking to win any competitions, this is just what I had on hand. Op will be following your thread to see what you finally end up doing. Hope that your outcome keeps you fully satisfied.
06c91d1e8a31263dc6fdeb7e2518d4b7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.