Covering port? Will this affect performance?

I'm wondering if covering the port in my sub box with acoustically transparent speaker grill fabric would affect the performance or efficiency of my setup? The port faces up and I want to do this to keep from something falling down inside my box. Fabric would be direct ally over port stapled to the box.

H'm. I'd say yes because you put a CD or anything in front of a port and it flaps like crazy. There's a ton of air moving in and out. I feel like the fabric would just rip to shreds

I have a baffle cover that's a wood frame with AT speaker grill cloth. Single 18 with slot port.....gain around 1.5dbs when I remove the cover, so yes it makes a diff...

if its thin like as thin as a nylon it wouldn't not affect the way it sounds. you wont even be able to tell a difference in sound. now if your put something as thick as a cotton t-shirt..

U.S. Ok thank you and it's genuine speaker grill fabric and its acoustically transparent but thanks for the input fellas. Oh and way thinner than nylon it's black but you hold it up and you can see right through it

dfa940d3066a4ca027ea08c30690b168.jpg
. Port on top middle I think this will work I'll find out

Blew right off didn't?!
Hey off topic but...you guys work on vw's?
No it was screwed in place but if anybody else goes this roughy make sure you stretch that fabric tight or the fabric will be blown off of its fram

SA 12-D4 x2 Old School PPI amps & 31 eq, Pioneer HU, Focal fronts, Mechman, 4/0 & 1/0 everywhere,Interstate batt x3 6cuft 28Hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.