Darkhart's at it again Sony CDX-C90

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKHART
10+ year member

One Hitter Quitter
Copper chassis Sony CDX-C90

If you are looking at this then you already know this is still one of the best SQ dead heads ever built

$225.00 shipped CONUS

I don't have the cage, trim ring, or remotes. What's pictured is what I have, but I do have a dealer with both the wired rotary commander and ir remotes on standby to sale to me at a great price so I'll pass it on to the new owner so if you want me to get the two remotes then the total would be $275.00 shipped

IMG_20130530_184920_348_zps6577ef96.jpg

IMG_20130530_184808_527_zps6e33ec59.jpg

IMG_20130530_184959_064_zps6849cb4a.jpg

IMG_20130530_184622_438_zpsf731b8e9.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Our take on the Sony Mobile ES CDX-C90

The RM-X90 remote with Rotary Encoder

This peerless CD player/tuner has four 20-bit Burr-Brown D/A converters for truly lifelike musical reproduction. But the big story here is Sony's new analog preamp, which is capable of harnessing the full potential of the cutting-edge CD circuitry. For the first time, preamp functions are handled by a device with equal-to-CD specs, and you'll be awed by the CDX-C90's exceptional dynamic range. Simply activate the DVOL function (bypasses all circuits except volume control) and get ready for unparalleled audio clarity.

Since all CDs are recorded differently, and listening environments vary, the 4-position VC digital filter adjusts the oversampling method, optimizing imaging and dynamics disc by disc. To ensure that this superior audio technology is not compromised by simple skipping, Sony has built in Advanced Electronic Shock Protection. Three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs (including a subwoofer out with adjustable low-pass filter) provide flexibility for the required outboard amps, since none are built-in.

The sensitive SSIR-EX tuner is enhanced with Adaptive Reception, a feature that minimizes station-to-station interference by sensing adjacent-station interference and adjusting IF bandwidth accordingly. And not only does the receiver have a copper-shielded chassis, but the built-in preamp board is completely separate from the other internal components. That means no electrical interference.

The motorized, fold-down face offers a user-configurable full-dot matrix LCD for system status at-a-glance. The included RM-X90 driver's remote is equipped with the same Rotary Encoder as the receiver, allowing unprecedented ease of control from the steering wheel. This wired remote even detaches from its base, providing an extra measure of security. A wireless remote is also supplied for your passengers' convenience.

Be sure to check out the full line of Mobile ES amplifiers, for exceptionally transparent, crystal-clear sound that will do this receiver justice. Add a CD changer when you order the CDX-C90, and you'll save $$ with our package discount.

Details:

• SSIR-EX tuner with Adaptive Reception

• four 20-bit Burr-Brown D/A converters

• Advanced Electronic Shock Protection

• Custom File Plus programming (with optional CD changer)

• 3 sets of 4-volt preamp outputs

• DVOL (Direct Volume) function for optimal signal-to-noise

• Variable Coefficient (VC) digital filter

• copper-plated chassis

• separate internal preamp circuit board

• wired and wireless remotes included

• motorized fold-down panel with full-dot matrix LCD

•separate amp(s) required

•clock

• CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz

• CD signal-to-noise ratio 109 dB

• FM sensitivity 8 dBf

How does this compare to something like the DRZ-9255
This is in the same class as the Clarion (which happens to be my all time top favorite deck) They both have very similar features but the Clarion edges it out a little in my book.

Again it's considered to be one of the all time best SQ dead heads out there...

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
Thanks imfamous for finding and posting that....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif:)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sorry, no remote with the rockford... Anything else you interested in? How about a nice eclipse dead head 5506? Maybe some Boston pro 5.5s?

I don't think he was talking to you lol

If I hadn't just bought a DRZ-9255 I would be all over this head unit my man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...