DC or PSI recone!?!?!?

So I have two DC xl m2 12s. They have been beat pretty hard by previous owner. I purchased another one but this time with a fresh psi recone. And then I came across another one but just motor and basket needing recone. My question is which recone do I go with?!! If I do DC I'll have to recone psi one and I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good sub. And if I do all psi to the exact specs the one already reconed is it should be very similar to platform 3 subs they have. I'm wanting to do a 4th order blowthrough . I should have 4 soundstream ta1.3000d amps for each one at the end. I was told DC loves smaller enclosures which I'm super interested in since I'm trying to keep box at about 10 cubes if I can. Which recone would be more ideal? Thanks for any help in advance

Screw that. DC has the shittiest sorry parts. My old XLs almost burnt the car down because they caught fire out of nowhere. One torn the spider and the other broke a triple joint. It wasn't user error. They ****.

Stop using that stupid made up word.

I was on the team for two seasons. I got amazing pricing. Got to go to DC HQ, Rob even picked us up from 2 hours away and drove us there. Got to build a few subs with rusty.

I couldn't do it anymore after issue after issue. I know what I'm talking about.

Stop using that stupid made up word. I was on the team for two seasons. I got amazing pricing. Got to go to DC HQ, Rob even picked us up from 2 hours away and drove us there. Got to build a few subs with rusty.

I couldn't do it anymore after issue after issue. I know what I'm talking about.
Dude you realize how long ive been installing equipment?

Ive never in 20 years seen a speaker catch fire.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Fyi i've put 10kw to drivers no fire..

Dude you realize how long ive been installing equipment?Ive never in 20 years seen a speaker catch fire.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Fyi i've put 10kw to drivers no fire..
good for you. I never have till that point. 20 plus years.

how did it catch fire? bad solder? i'm not saying its your fault i'm just saying i have plugged speaking into the wall socket.you are still an idiot though.
I'm not sure why. I was driving home from a show where I demoed all day. Amp went into protect and I smelt smoked. Looked in the rear view and I had a flame. Had to pull over on the interstate and cut the cone off to put it out.

I'm not sure why. I was driving home from a show where I demoed all day. Amp went into protect and I smelt smoked. Looked in the rear view and I had a flame. Had to pull over on the interstate and cut the cone off to put it out.
if that is the case that's a short. its pretty rare to get a direct short typically coil resistance opens but sometimes they get hot and short between windings and but rarely to the former. other than that i really cant think of how that would happen..

if that is the case that's a short. its pretty rare to get a direct short typically coil resistance opens but sometimes they get hot and short between windings and but rarely to the former. other than that i really cant think of how that would happen..
That's what I figured. Rusty did fix all my issues for free. But it got expensive shipping them across the states every few months. This was all before he started selling online. I had the only dual 4 XLm2s made at the time.

Knocking on wood as i own a pair of xlm2 12s an haven't had issues, but have a friend who has had to recone his lvl 3 multiple times even with using box to spec an recommended power I'd go with a psi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.