DD 500a series 12

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not familliar with the sub, but if the ratings you provided for the sub and amp are accurate then it should work fine. Just don't try to max out the gain/BB to try to compensate for the lack of power.

yea im just not use to these...only subs i had before were the w7s and they could pretty much handle anything you threw at them
Let me get ahold of a W7, I bet I could smoke it in 30 seconds or less //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Why such a downgrade? You may not be satisfied with the setup you are considering.

well i sold it a while back and i thought i might get somethin smaller.... buddy owns a car audio shop and let me here the sub today on a 300watt either a clarion or orion amp lol cant remember but i was impressed for the price he got me on the sub

yea im just not use to these...only subs i had before were the w7s and they could pretty much handle anything you threw at them
the 500's will not come close to a w7 in any respect but they should take twice their rated power. i had a 10w7 that did very will in the setup i had it in and it took around 1100 rms daily. if you want somthing to throw some power to, try a 2500(good for 1k+daily) or a 3500(good for 2k+daily) i had a 2510 on 1k for a while and was very impressed with that one.

well see the thing is i got this sub (500a) for $30....friend that owns the shop said it was takin up space so he tested it and gave it to me
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif, can you get any more at that price?

lol nah he does do some good deals though.... it had a dew nics and some scuffs on it but works fine..... here is his website louderisbetter.com ,,, hes a licensed DD dealer...just started carrying some off brand stuff that is high qualkity

ha yaea i got a box for it he had too....but i found that pioneer amp that does 250rms at 4 ohm and 800watts max for $40 ha so i spend $70 and have a decent system lol...already have the wires i ran from w7s still in there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.