Hello,

I was looking for more further help about my system, I have installed:

Planet*Audio*3000 watt 1 channel amp

Max power(1 ohm)3000wx1

Rms power (1 ohm) 2100x1

Rms power (2 ohm)-1500wx1

Rms power(4 ohms)-1000wx1I

also 2 subs: Power acoustics 2 12" DVC 2ohm 2600 watts 1000RMS each

I have my subs wired for 2ohm which is pushing 1500 to the subs but I wanted better and I was told to get a amp that pushes 2000@2ohm instead of what I got goin to them now, also I was told from somebody else to wire the subs now to 1ohm to get the full amp but I was told I cant wire my subs to 1ohm from somebody other then that person, lol can I just get some decent advise on what to really do? Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you cant wire those subs down to 1 ohm with your 2ohm dvc's. you could do a half ohm but that amp and your electrical probably wont handle it. you may not hear a difference between 500 watts anyway. i would say roll with what you got while saving for some better equipment. just my 2 cents

Ok I started off with a bad system correct //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif so when looking to upgrade what do I look for in a amp and a subwoofer? How do I kno if there goin to match up or work together good if I wire them together? When looking at a amp do I look at the rms@1ohm or max or what? Same with the sub, max watts it can take or rms? Thanks

dont change your amp, i would change your sub first, if you are getting a paid get a dual voice coil 4 so you can wire it down to 1 ohm, bump up your electrical you will need at least a battery at the and and big 3 and get a volt meter to see what voltage you are dropping to

dont change your amp, i would change your sub first, if you are getting a paid get a dual voice coil 4 so you can wire it down to 1 ohm, bump up your electrical you will need at least a battery at the and and big 3 and get a volt meter to see what voltage you are dropping to
So get subs that are DVC 4ohms? And watt max watt?

basic information

Max=the maximum watts the company was able to test their amplifier at with it still operating, this rating is essentially meaningless and a gimick for selling merchendise, by saying hey it does this many watts max.

RMS=the continuous power the amplifer will perform with, rms for a subwoofer, means the amount of power it is rated to handle continuously.

When looking at amps and subs you want the RMS to match.

Subwoofer wiring. Subwoofers can be wire to a certain resistance (impedance) Subwoofers may be single or dual voice coils. When wiring subwoofers dual voice coils provide more options.

Wiring coils. IF you wire a voice coil to another voice coil you need to wire them either in series or in parallel, wiring the subs in series raises the resistance (impedance) by the ammount of each coil in the equation. Wiring the coils in parallel will reduce (divide) the impedance by each voice coil involved.

So if you take 2 subs that are single voice coils (4ohm) voice coils and you wire the 2 subs together you can either wire them to 8ohms, or to 2 ohms.

If you take 2 subs that are dual voice coils (4ohm) voice coils, and you wire the 4 voice coils together you can either wire them to 4ohms, (2parallell, 2 series). Or you can wire them to 1ohm, all 4 coils in parallel; subs 1&2 both 4ohm voice coils wired together in parallel =2 ohms, both subs wire together 2ohm\2ohms in parallel=1ohm

To see what your wiring options are for your subs, check here: Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

Now having said that, companies don't always rate their products accurately, some amplifiers may say they are rated at a certain watts rms, but really cannot produce that much power, or do so easily. Conversely some companies underrate their products, they do this to show customers that their products do more than what they are rated, which audio enthusiasts perfer, as any company that overrates their products doesn't usually make good products, conversely is the same, typically underrated products are coming from good manufacturers.

yes 2 duaal 4 subs wire to 1 ohm. on a budget you could go with the xfl 12 under 200 bucks a piece they are monsters.

@mylows10 ; is an authorized dealer and can hook you up. they are proven to get loud

Im still confused tho by the RMS of an amp and sub. So how do i match the RMS on an amp with a sub or vise versa? Example if i have an amp that has:

Max power(1 ohm)3000wx1

Rms power (1 ohm) 2100x1

Rms power (2 ohm)-1500wx1

Rms power(4 ohms)-1000wx1

Do i find a sub that its RMS matchs either one of the amps RMS that it can go to?

another example lets take a power acoustic amp that does:

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 1700 watts x 1

2 ohms: 2500 watts x 1

1 ohm: 3200 watts x 1

Max power output: 5500 watts

I wanted to find a sub to match that, Do i find a sub that matchs which ohm(s)? 1ohm?2ohm?4ohm?

So if i get 2 12" subs that does a certain amount of RMS, lets say they do 1000RMS each, do i add them as if there 2000RMS total and match the Amps RMS with the 2000RMS?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.