Decent headlight bulbs??

Scoobydoo
5,000+ posts

POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS
DINGLEBERRY
When I bought my car they had Sylvania "cool blue" headlight bulbs in them and I have been replacing them regularly since 2005. They are decently bright and give off a nice white light, but one seems to blow out few months and I am tired of replacing them. I'm so tired of it I have been driving with one light burnt out for the last 6 months:(

I wanna say it is an H5 or H7 bulb, but I dont want to walk out to my car right now to look

I live 15 miles out of the city now and it gets pretty dark out here so I want the brightest factory replacement I can buy that isn't going to blow up every few months. I really prefer the "white" light bulbs compared to the regualr bulbs that give off a more yellowish tint

Any recomendations?

I have had good luck with Sylvania silverstars. My dad and I both have them in our vehicles and haven't had to replace one yet. They are somewhat expensive compared to other bulbs though, just depends on your budget.

just get a bixenon hid converstion kit for your car, you can get a good kit for around 150 bucks or so, and if you dont want that then look into silverstar ultra they are about the best halogen bulbs

i knew i shouldnt have edited out "i dont want to convert to hids so dont recommend that" out of my post, but i figured my explanation kinda reflected that i didnt want to do a HID conversion

thanks for the help:)

I have some H7 hyper white bulbs bnib if you want.

They have a white/blue tint and I have them in my car (I have 9006 though)

Would you like some pics?

I have some H7 hyper white bulbs bnib if you want.
They have a white/blue tint and I have them in my car (I have 9006 though)

Would you like some pics?
pics or a link to info would be cool, thanks

My advice: Don't waste your money on any bulbs with a fancy coating. The only thing that 99.99% of these blue "white hot" coatings do is cut down on the light output.

Look for an headlight harness for your car. You can buy one premade or build your own with some wire, terminals, and relays. Even with factory bulbs you'll notice a big difference.

Not to mention, the heavier wire will let you run higher wattage bulbs without melting your headlight switch. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

HID's are a nice choice too. Make sure you read up on your colors before you decide on which one you want though.

yea i am bout to get hids and not sure if i want 5k or 6k or maybe even 8k gonna get them through retro fit getting the bi xenon with the fog light hids as well 55watts in the headlights and 35 in the fogs might get the 55 for the fogs too not sure

how much brighter will that be than halogen

yea i am bout to get hids and not sure if i want 5k or 6k or maybe even 8k gonna get them through retro fit getting the bi xenon with the fog light hids as well 55watts in the headlights and 35 in the fogs might get the 55 for the fogs too not sure
how much brighter will that be than halogen
Theres really no comparison from HID to halogen. They're much brighter, but even the faintest hint of blue bothers my eyes at night.

Just scour google for "hid kelvin ratings"

1500°K - Candlelight

2680°K - 40w halogen bulb

3000°K - 200w halogen bulb

3200°K - Sunrise/Sunset

3500-4300°K - Most Xenon Superwhite Bulbs

5500°K - Sunny daylight around noon

6000°K-7500°K - Overcast Sky, Some true HID Systems

8000°K-9000°K - Sunny blue sky, Some true HID Systems

10,000°K - 12,000°K - Purple hues at sundown

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Scoobydoo

5,000+ posts
POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS
Scoobydoo
DINGLEBERRY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date