Decided to strip my trunk and found this...

Hey GUys

Just thought I would chime in on this one. According to the chemist the batch sheets for the product we shipped out when Ice bought the sludge was fine. B-stock or not, it would not matter. The pics look like rust so this is what I told the chemist. She said the only way it could rust is if it were applied at 4+ mm and the upholstery was put on imediately with out time to cure. Even then, Sludge is LOADED with anti corrosion chemicals that prevent the formation of rust.

Now, since you say it is not rust, I am very curious to know what exactly it is? I have looked at the pics, and you say it smells like rotten eggs or somthing. Seems like somthing else may have gotten in there. who knows what though. or how.

We have gone though close to 5k gallons of Sluge and this is a first. no rust problems, no adhesion problems, nothing reported.

Hope the door it works out for you

LMK

ANT

Hey GUysJust thought I would chime in on this one. According to the chemist the batch sheets for the product we shipped out when Ice bought the sludge was fine. B-stock or not, it would not matter. The pics look like rust so this is what I told the chemist. She said the only way it could rust is if it were applied at 4+ mm and the upholstery was put on imediately with out time to cure. Even then, Sludge is LOADED with anti corrosion chemicals that prevent the formation of rust.

Now, since you say it is not rust, I am very curious to know what exactly it is? I have looked at the pics, and you say it smells like rotten eggs or somthing. Seems like somthing else may have gotten in there. who knows what though. or how.

We have gone though close to 5k gallons of Sluge and this is a first. no rust problems, no adhesion problems, nothing reported.

Hope the door it works out for you

LMK

ANT
it is gooey like actuall human ****. i think what happened is it turned to goo and the spare tire is rusted some and it stained it into a rust color

it is gooey like actuall human ****. i think what happened is it turned to goo and the spare tire is rusted some and it stained it into a rust color
bet thats it, supprised it turned to goo, wonder if it hadnt fully dried

you should send him some of the stuff in a bag.... this way they can look at it...

regardless of who's fault it is its good to know what caused it

ok i gave it over 2 days to dry, so please stop saying that. yes i don't come off as being the sharpest tool in the shed, but i know that this had to dry. i could've swore i had the spare tire cover off a few months ago and it wasn't like this.

Maybe it was an animal (mouse or something) that got under there and died, then was crushed by the spare?

That episode of Myth Busters with the decaying pig in the Corvette looked kinda like that, they said the pig had turned into fluid.... just a thought.

well got the damp pro kit today. put some down on the trunk floor, rear deck, and trunk lid. gotta say this seems to be a superior product to edead. i have a gallon of spectrum i can go over everything with i suppose

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.