Deciding between a few options, need some advice

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm doing a new build in my van within the coming months, and honestly can't decide which sub setup I want to go with. A little back info, I currently have 2 Sundown Audio EV3 15s in a ported pre fab box (albeit exact to specs because I got lucky so they sound great), on 800 watts RMS (I know too little, gotta get a better alternator before I do anything).

I am, of course, wanting more bass, overall but particularly in the lower end area like sub 30hz. I've narrowed things down to pretty much 3 options, either 2 15 inch Sundown Xv2s in a custom ported box, 2 SSA Xcon 15s, or 6 Sundown Ev3 15s. My space for a box is 55x24x22 inches so with the lower mounting depth of the Ev3s they will barely fit if I do 6 (3 top, 3 along the front of the box), but doing 6 15s in that space and also porting is goona be pretty challenging, especially since, after displacement, it's not within the recommended for those subs when ported, it's perfect if I do sealed.

I'm leaning towards the 6 15s myself, especially since I will be able to continue to use my current Ev3s which I love overall, but sealed maybe isn't ideal.

My goal is obviously louder, but also better lows and more flex because it's fun XD. Anyway would love to know everyones thoughts! Just not sure which combination makes the most sense.

Oh and price point the 6 15s actually come out to being a bit cheaper, since I already have 2 of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.