decisions decisions!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heavy hittin
10+ year member

Maryland
I have an oldschool Rockford POWER SERIES 1500bd amp that i wanna use with my setup... I need help on deciding what subs to use. I want either (1) 15" or (2) 12s, i believe with a 15 i need a dual 4 ohm? and with the 12s i would need dual 2 ohms? wanna get the most i can out of this amp... looking to spend around 500 bucks on sub(s). However i do have (1) 12" Hx2 power series sub thats 1000 wrms and dual 2 ohms. i could try to find another one and use 2?? but tryna to get seom help on what might sound the best... going a little more towards the side of spl but need some sq

You're correct....if your amp does full power @ a 2 ohm load, but I'm pretty sure your RF amp is 1 ohm stable. If it is, and you're interested in using a single sub, you'll need a 2 ohm dvc or 4 ohm qvc sub. If you want to use a pair of subs, you'll need 4 or 1 ohm dvc drivers.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

The following subs are very nice:

SSA Xcon 15" Sub woofer1750rms 31mm Xmax

SSA Shop - Incriminator Audio 15" Death Penalty

SSA Store - Sundown Audio Z v2 15" Sub woofer

SSA Shop - Sundown Audio Nightshade 15" Sub woofer

The DC Audio 4XL 15" would be a nice choice too; DC Audio - Woofers

Then there's the Fi BTL and Audioque HDC3.

And I have a near mint condition Premier TS-W5000SPL that I'd sell ya for $275 + shipping. It's a 4 ohm dvc driver, though, and can take much more power than you have on tap.

just looked at the back of the amp and it sais 750 rms at 4 ohms and 1500 rms at 2 ohms... dont think its 1 ohm stable... How do u think (2) 12" hx2 power series subs would sound with it??

hx2 power series are GREAT subs..older model, but they are still better then most, even today...gotta love that 4inch coil

I've never actually heard the HX2's, man. I know they're nice subwoofers, though. If you buy them, make sure they're in proper working condition.

I read up a little on your amp too, and it is 2 ohm stable. I read on a forum just now that a guy was using one with a pair of 4 ohm dvc HX2's with good results, though. Sometimes an amplifier can safely run @ lower than specified impedances, but in your case I probably wouldn't try it.

You should put some thought into my Premier TS-W5000SPL, and not simply because I stand to make some money from you. It's a monster sub, the price is more than fair (it retailed for nearly $1,000) and it's in great condition. Here's a few pics.

6-4.jpg

2-27.jpg

1-26.jpg

I don't have the enclosure from the pics, but I'm fairly certain I could get it from the sub's previous owner for a decent price...if you'd be interested in it.

^ big brother to the 3000spl?
I don't really know a lot about Pioneer/Premier subs, man. This is the first one I've ever owned (if memory serves), and I bought it on pure impulse because I came across a phenominal deal...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.