Defamation. Admins step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know there was a time when you had a problem with someone you beat the hell out of each other and then sat down and had a beer when it was all done and everything was fine.
This back and forth **** was usually reserved for teenage girls.
Can we agree that fifty downvotes over the course of seven hours is unreasonable?

Can we agree that fifty downvotes over the course of seven hours is unreasonable?
That would be exactly what I was talking about in reference to the teenage girls.
It was childish was my point.
That being said, its done and over.
You can't go back, only forward.
I don't even know if there is Admin presence around here so I don't think your going to get a answer from them or any kind of resolution
So my best advice is to not let it eat at you, life's too short for that
Just put it behind you and move on

That would be exactly what I was talking about in reference to the teenage girls.
It was childish was my point.
That being said, its done and over.
You can't go back, only forward.
I don't even know if there is Admin presence around here so I don't think your going to get a answer from them or any kind of resolution
So my best advice is to not let it eat at you, life's too short for that
Just put it behind you and move on
Sound advice. I have a beer, a bowl, and a t-bone in my near future.

I'm getting defamed by a single user. It's obvious that one user is trying to tarnish my reputation because he disagrees with one of my posts. He has downvoted OVER FIFTY of my posts in a day. Are there any measures to prevent this type of childish behavior?

Over 100 posts that users found helpful shouldn't be minimized by ONE person with an agenda.
Based on the name Pop....) mentioned in some of the responses to your post, I had some issues with that individual's responses several years ago. Often rude or disrespectful. I put him and anyone else who is rude or disrespectful on my ignore list. I'm sure some of the folks on my list have responded negatively to your concern. The ignore list works fine, and it's more enjoyable visiting the forum. He and the others on my list can post negativity to their hearts content, and I will never see it. Isn't life great?

Last edited:
Based on the name Pop....) mentioned in some of the responses to your post, I had some issues with that individual's responses several years ago. Often rude or disrespectful. I put him and anyone else who is rude or disrespectful on my ignore list. I'm sure some of the folks on my list have responded negatively to your concern. The ignore list works fine, and it's more enjoyable visiting the forum. He and the others on my list can post negativity to their hearts content, and I will never see it. Isn't life great?
I ignored him after 19 downvotes. Ignoring didn't stop him from getting up to 54 downvotes. That and ignoring people makes you miss part of the conversation.

I ignored him after 19 downvotes. Ignoring didn't stop him from getting up to 54 downvotes. That and ignoring people makes you miss part of the conversation.
Sorry to hear about the downvotes issue. The administrators may be able to address these issues, as he may be using various sources and names to post. However, I don't mind missing parts of the conversations posted by my ignorees. I can see other members' conversations, the ignorees show up as " ignored content" ( in red letters). I also use other forums and youtube when searching for information. I'm getting a message now about "ignored content," which I intend to do. As I previously posted, they can be rude and disrespectful all they want. Just not with me. LOL

He disliked two. I disliked four. He disliked nineteen last i looked. By the time I checked the forum the next day, he had disliked over fifty. FIFTY! I get it's the internet, and you need to have thick skin, but fifty dislikes is obsessive and unreasonable. There should be some safeguards to prevent that kind of obsessive abuse.

So, what is 400 dislikes? It happens. Guys were creating new user names so that they could dislike my posts twice.

you qualify to work at down4sound

20210317_183518.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...