• Thread starter SehnKhan
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 969
    Participant count
  • Participant list
S

SehnKhan

I bought a Kenwood 4x45 Watt head unit, 4" coaxials for the front, 7"x10" for the rear shelf, Boss Audio 800Watt 4 channel bridgeable amp and Kenwood 12" Sub in ported box.

Is this setup ok? or should I invest in different amps?

Other than the BOSS amp its an awsome system. For an amp I'd go with Rockford Fosgate or JL Audio, Audiobahn or Crossfire. Stay aways from MA Audio and MTX as MA's are just all flash and eat up all ur cash. MT burnout really eaily (as my expierence is)

Jordan

The Boss Audio amp was my main concern as I have always trusted Kenwood gear. Question is - will the amp do a reasonable job powering the gear? Or should I invest in a second amp primarily for the sub?

1st off. MTX are VERY reliable amps. Usually people that have had bad experiences with them dont realize how much you need to keep these amps regulated. A litle on the noisy side, and some even overrated, but they will last forever if taken care of and installed correctly.

Now as far as the boss amp, it is capable of pushing your sub. But they are rather genaric. i would say they are along the lines of Legacy, Power Acoustics, and Pyrmid junk. I would definately invest in a better quality amp. there are alot out there (Soundstream, RF, Crossfire, Bostwick, Alpine, etc..) that are cheap and powerful. later man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.