Did I pay to much???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Poor-man

Canada
Alright, nobody I know knows a **** thing about car stereos until after I paid for mine. All of a sudden I get "man you got ripped!!".

So, I was wondering if anyone would comment on the following.

What I got:

1)custom made box to fit behind seat(nobody else would touch it because it was so shallow)

2)Two top of the line eclipse 8"subs

3)All wiring

4) Install of Amp(pump 250 I already owned)

So I paid about a $800.00 US but it was actually 1300.00 Canadian(thats where I live).

So what should I have paid???

Poor-man

at most you should have paid, $600. And that is only if the subs are the titanium, if they are titanium then you need alot better amp to run them. so either way your doing wrong.

If you like it, then I'd say no you did not get ripped off. But, it sounds to me that maybe you don't think it sounds as good as you originally thought it would. So in that case I would say yes, you did get ripped off. Always check prices through several different competitors.

My experence tells me that the proper retail prices are(Canadian$)

Custom box-160 to 240$

two eclipse 8800 8's-150 to 250$

Complete wiring kit-100 to 200$

Amp hookup-40$

You should have paid around 600 to 800 dollars(CDN$), How much did the the subs cost?, im not sure exactly what the retail is for those. Also if the enclosure was made from fiberglass its value will be considerably higher than that of an MDF box (300 to 500$)

man, I have been buying/selling car audio for about 2 years now.

It's not weather you got ripped off or not. It's all about workman ship on the final product. Maybe your rig is sweet, and can be played full blast with out having the amp kick out or having loud vibartions. If the guy did a god job, then I feel it's well worth it. However if money was an issue you could have allways went to the Pro Audio Shop and got a nice box with two 12" subs for about $240 bucks max. and could have always put in your choice of subs. anyways pro audio's site is http://proaudioshop.tripod.com if you want to go there and compare prices, it's a new web site s oit needs alot of work.

and it's fully canadian!

Hope it all works out for you man!

jon

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Checked out your site, can't contact you as when I hit the contact us link it says there is no matching url found.

Whats your e-mail?

PM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.