Difference Between JL Slash and Slash V2

Good news, there is no difference really, and i've been told that by our JL Rep. By putting v2 on the amps they can be sold as "new equipment" and there is no reason to discount them. Still the same awesome amps. They both have RIPS for regulating power output at different ohm loads. I'm telling all of my customers to scoop up our "v1" slash series JL amps while we have them on clearance... and I'm running out of places to find them too.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Improved thermal performance, stackable chasis design n tweaks here n there to improve performance, flexibility, and reliability. Regardless of which you get it's great technology.

I have a 300/4 v2 and a 500/1 v1.

The 300/4 is bridged and powers a set of Boston SPZ's; the 500/1 is used to power my 10W7.

Both amps perform great however i have noticed when pushed the v2 gets considerably alot hotter than the v1.

I have a 300/4 v2 and a 500/1 v1.
The 300/4 is bridged and powers a set of Boston SPZ's; the 500/1 is used to power my 10W7.

Both amps perform great however i have noticed when pushed the v2 gets considerably alot hotter than the v1.
That's because you're running the 300/4 (Class A/B amp) hard and it is less efficient than the 500/1 (Class D). A v1 300/4 would run just as hot or hotter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.