Difference between kicker amps

HI people,
I'm new to car audio and just starting to learn. I was looking at kicker amp CXA600.1. There are two, one says 43CXA600.1 and the other 12CXA600.1. I noticed the one starting with 43 is about $80 more.

What's the difference?
Where were you looking I'm battling to find a 12CXA600.1
Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

HI people,
I'm new to car audio and just starting to learn. I was looking at kicker amp CXA600.1. There are two, one says 43CXA600.1 and the other 12CXA600.1. I noticed the one starting with 43 is about $80 more.

What's the difference?
there are othr amps to look at besides kicker., even rf 750 is decent amp and rf 500 may actually do more power than a 600rms kicker idk, peeps like them anyway they recommended them to me..

It's just a newer model. The 12cxa is the older model.
I'd have to agree with this. I took a look at both and same ratings, and all. But....diff sizes I've noticed. As stated, newer version, for a new year. All companies do this. Sometimes the model number gets an update as well.....or have seen older model number with a few numbers/letters inserted in the new one.

there are othr amps to look at besides kicker., even rf 750 is decent amp and rf 500 may actually do more power than a 600rms kicker idk, peeps like them anyway they recommended them to me..
I assume you're talking the fosgate prime 500? That says it does 300 RMS at 4 OHM?

I'm just learning how to read this stuff, so let know if I'm wrong.

what are u going to power with it?
Well, what have are 2 kicker 10s. I'm pretty sure they're entry level Powered by an SSL 1500. I understand kicker 300.1 is a better fit and I haven't decided whether to do the 300.1, the 600.1 or something other than kicker.

I'd have to agree with this. I took a look at both and same ratings, and all. But....diff sizes I've noticed. As stated, newer version, for a new year. All companies do this. Sometimes the model number gets an update as well.....or have seen older model number with a few numbers/letters inserted in the new one.
If true, then is there any reason to pay more for the newer model?

I haven't decided on anything, I'm just speaking theoretically.

I assume you're talking the fosgate prime 500? That says it does 300 RMS at 4 OHM? I'm just learning how to read this stuff, so let know if I'm wrong.

Well, what have are 2 kicker 10s. I'm pretty sure they're entry level Powered by an SSL 1500. I understand kicker 300.1 is a better fit and I haven't decided whether to do the 300.1, the 600.1 or something other than kicker.
ok so u have 2 subs if the are single coil 4 ohm a mono amp with see a 2 ohm not 4.. if the are d4 u should wire to 2 ohm each in which case u would need a 1ohm stable amp like mine or any other decent 1ohm stable amp.. or wire each sub to 8 ohm and bridge a 2 channel amp to them also an option if they are d4 subs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.