Digital Designs 9510 *First Trunk Build*

Participant count
  • Participant list

ddcmdb
10+ year member

What's up guys? I pick up my CTS coupe on Thursday or Friday and I've never built a box for a trunk car. I've always done installs in pickups or SUV's or hatchbacks.

What orientation works best? Sub up, port back? sub forward, port forward? sub back, port forward? etc etc etc.. This car has no skii hole pass through.

My subwoofer is a 9510 C series (like the old school jugg motor) that I've custom built with 3 progressive spiders from PSI, and a FW copper coil. Built to take about 1200-1700 daily.

Will be powering with an M1C.

What's up guys? I pick up my CTS coupe on Thursday or Friday and I've never built a box for a trunk car. I've always done installs in pickups or SUV's or hatchbacks.
What orientation works best? Sub up, port back? sub forward, port forward? sub back, port forward? etc etc etc.. This car has no skii hole pass through.

My subwoofer is a 9510 C series (like the old school jugg motor) that I've custom built with 3 progressive spiders from PSI, and a FW copper coil. Built to take about 1200-1700 daily.

Will be powering with an M1C.
Sub and port back..do seats fold?

Yeah, the seats fold. It's like a 70/30 or 60/40 split.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Sub and port back..do seats fold?
Yeah, they fold. It's like a 60/40 or 70/30 seat.

1.5 cu ft enclosure plus port..do slot port...22 sq inch opening...22" long...it will bang...
This guy knows his stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/happydance.gif.a963168fea27d8453c3ec467ddcf9e1c.gif

1.5 cu ft enclosure plus port..do slot port...22 sq inch opening...22" long...it will bang...
About 35 hertz tuning? I don't know what it would sound like in the trunk but I had it in a 2.78 net. with a 6" aeroport firing off the drivers side backseat door in a crew cab pickup (had to lift the seat 2") and it sounded amazing. It was incredibly loud and responsive and clear and no mechanical noise. It sounded great, but I don't know if that type of enclosure would do good in a trunk.

About 35 hertz tuning? I don't know what it would sound like in the trunk but I had it in a 2.78 net. with a 6" aeroport firing off the drivers side backseat door in a crew cab pickup (had to lift the seat 2") and it sounded amazing. It was incredibly loud and responsive and clear and no mechanical noise. It sounded great, but I don't know if that type of enclosure would do good in a trunk.
for a single 10 or two 10s ?

Is it a band pass or something ?
No, I know it sounds ridiculous. The design is probably 7+ years old... I've had this subwoofer in quite a few boxes. That was the loudest I've ever heard that subwoofer... At one point it was in a trailblazer SS with 2000 watts (stock electrical etc..) in DD's recommended box with about 28 square inches of port and it sounded good but that aeroport loading off the door was the "loudest" at least to the ear. Not just my ear but multiple people had the same opinion.

I ended up going with 2 cu. ft. 6" aero tuned to 36 hertz.

If the planets align and my rims come to the dealership then the dealership will deliver the new ride to my house tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Then I have to pray that my hi level input/line driver comes in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif..

Waiting on "carbon fiber" vinyl for the box and dash pieces and going to try and wrap pieces of the grill...

So excited, this new car is going to be DOPE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif:greedy://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.