Dirtys build log for atomic APX burb box.

Dirtrider4eva
10+ year member

√\_The CaUsE__
well as follows. i have a pair of atomic apx with AA mayhem recones. motor #872s . doing some talking to some spl members, i was reccomended doing a 25 x 12 x12 box with an external 8" aero. this is for sheer SPL. who knows how well it would do. next time i would probably bump it up the the 3 cubic foot area with 8" external aero after playing with BB6 and WinISD. but we'll see. anywho, heres for pics.

2nl484m.jpg

the subbies

vzx202.jpg

2quolc6.jpg

2dtn3gg.jpg

This is the rough end of the box. the top double baffle and front are clearly not glued. but how it will look. the sides will be black and the rest will be stained brown to match my wood grain interior followed by a clear coat.

2ij3zf7.jpg

I'm really happy with the sides. they turned out glossy and nice for birch. alot of sanding and layers. but turned out great.

kbrdbl.jpg

cutting the double baffle was a PITA. it took forever using a saber saw through the 1.5" Birch ply. the blade bent alot.

33m0c90.jpg

as they sit comfortably.

this is for the aero fitment. very difficult cutting a perfect circle with a saber saw. followed using the router and hand sanding to try and get the smoothest surface.

2e3v8dw.jpg

dvmqf5.jpg

vxn21v.jpg

pretty tight. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well thats all for tonight. figured id show what ive been up to. might start routing the edges and making it look nice. who knows. !

IMO you're crazy to not double wall the whole thing if space isn't an issue and you're going for SPL
if that becomes an issue i will go around with another layer. and then looks will be forgotten.

that box is big enough for 4 12s lollol im sire. but what do you mean dont worry about the volume, just keep adjusting the port? as in length?

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

what vehicle?
in a 2000 subaru legacy wagon. will post a pic for yous

Stop the build, Give me those subs!!! LOl! Looks good.
thaanks! and theyre beasts. traveled 2 hrs for em.

what org you building for?
im most familiar with USACI. but might do others. stock 0-600. ive only completed one prior year. did fairly decent.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

heres the "trunk" of the wagon.

rear seats fold down so i can even allow it to move up or change direction

13ynq1.jpg

2iqeesn.jpg

workshops real dirty. but it happens. clean it up once a week it feels like.

15eg0fd.jpg

nice and tight

2ypc1aa.jpg

need to route and bevel the edges yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

coming along decently well. any ideas on how to secure the aero? ive seen the use of bolts and nuts. Tnuts im assuming?

Those subs are bee eee aye utiful.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Was that box built in your kitchen? Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.