Dissapointed in birthsheet

OMG this is painful to read......guess what birthsheets are a load of bsit doesnt matter if its kicker or RF...they make them up because they dont matter

you wont hear a difference between 1500 and 1700

you will hear a bigger difference by the box that you run, how well your gains are set and the quality of your electrical system.

most likely if you are running 2 kicker 1500.1s you have an HO alt, the Big 3 and either an upgraded battery or 2 decent ones.

This is the bottom line....
wrong.

I have already PM'ed Polecat in regards to a similar thread over on DIYMA (Click for thread). His response was;

Inquiring about the birth sheet numbers...

"like any other, benched tested, where a car has variables, not steady currect,etc."

I usually won't invest a lot of attention to birth sheet numbers, it is nice to see it and usually comforting.

i heard that Kicker prints off the sheets and randomly just throws them in the boxes. i wouldn't worry to much about it.
Yes ... It's obvious Kicker prints them on a color printer, then they just stick a sticker on for the serial #. It's very obvious it's a sticker. (Kicker MX700.5 5-ch marine amp)

The quality of the Kicker amp is far more important. After about 2-3 weeks of driving the birthsheet will become irrelevant. Or buy an old school amp. You will get underrated power most of the time with those.

Amps are no different than any other electronic. Look up how many databases are kept for CPU serial numbers. Each batch is nearly identical in and of itself. The next batch could be completely different. A lot of people buy their CPU's based on the serial number. If it's not within a certain batch they will move on to the next retailer. I would assume that each run of amps has a baseline and they are all given that rating.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif They consider certain runs of processors better because they have a higher possibility of clocking higher and running cooler based on previous results within that batch.

(2 * 1700W)^.5 = 58.3Vrms

(2 * 1500W)^.5 = 54.7Vrms

20 * log(58.3Vrms / 54.7Vrms) = 0.55dB

That is assuming those are actually the real ratings for the amp and you set it up properly. Good luck hearing the difference between 140dB and 140.6dB.

An increase of voltage of a certain amount of dB should translate into the same shift acoustically, all things being equal.

never did understand why people got so worked up over birthsheets.

even if you built an electrical to keep everything rock solid at 14.4V right at the amp's terminals, there's still impedance rise to contend with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Simek4life

10+ year member
Can You Hear Me Now?
Simek4life
Fort Myers, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date