Distortion help needed.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nu13

Hey guys, hello from New Zealand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm a little puzzled and need some help please.

About 6 weeks ago i upgraded my head unit from a single din unit to a double din touch screen. I thought i'd give my old head unit to my wife for her Suzuki as the Sony head unit wasn't cutting it anymore. So out came my old unit, a Pioneer DEH -6150bt, which cranked out the bass and never lost sound quality despite how loud i had it cranked.

Got the head unit put in the wife's car and the sound quality was terrible. Anything more than just a bit out sound coming out of it and the sound quality deteriorated markedly. So pulled the door cards off and found that the stock speakers were 25watt paper speakers. Easy fix i thought, new speakers.

So i got hold off a pair of 200watt (SPS 170a) alpine speakers....even visually you could see they were in a different league than the stock speakers. Stuck them into the doors and fired up the sounds expecting to be impressed....and i hear that the sound quality is exactly the same....terrible.

The only difference in setup is the tweeters in the Suzuki.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here?

Hey guys, hello from New Zealand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifI'm a little puzzled and need some help please.

About 6 weeks ago i upgraded my head unit from a single din unit to a double din touch screen. I thought i'd give my old head unit to my wife for her Suzuki as the Sony head unit wasn't cutting it anymore. So out came my old unit, a Pioneer DEH -6150bt, which cranked out the bass and never lost sound quality despite how loud i had it cranked.

Got the head unit put in the wife's car and the sound quality was terrible. Anything more than just a bit out sound coming out of it and the sound quality deteriorated markedly. So pulled the door cards off and found that the stock speakers were 25watt paper speakers. Easy fix i thought, new speakers.

So i got hold off a pair of 200watt (SPS 170a) alpine speakers....even visually you could see they were in a different league than the stock speakers. Stuck them into the doors and fired up the sounds expecting to be impressed....and i hear that the sound quality is exactly the same....terrible.

The only difference in setup is the tweeters in the Suzuki.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here?
Unhook everything but the tweeters n see how it sounds seems like the tweeters are fucked.

Also try this if you got some extra speaker wire and wiring. I'm guessing you have had to wire the harness when you switched it so try hooking it up directly to the battery and run a line of speaker wire to each speaker using the harness clip in the dash that I'm guessing you wired the hu harness to and see if any sound different. It may be bad wiring in the vehicle itself.

Also try this if you got some extra speaker wire and wiring. I'm guessing you have had to wire the harness when you switched it so try hooking it up directly to the battery and run a line of speaker wire to each speaker using the harness clip in the dash that I'm guessing you wired the hu harness to and see if any sound different. It may be bad wiring in the vehicle itself.
So could bad wiring cause such bad distortion in both the speakers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.